(CLEVELAND) - The Cleveland Guardians held a press conference to let media and fans know what will be new this year, from new food and ticket plans, to new partnerships with local companies and charities, the Guardians have a lot of exciting new things happening this season. Here's what you need to know.
New Ticket Plans For 2022 and Fan Policies
The Guardians have new ticket plans, one of which is good for the whole family. With the Family Value Pack Guardians fans will receive four tickets and $40 of loaded value to use on merchandise and/or concessions – all for just $80. Families who need more than four tickets can add up to four additional tickets for $20 each with each additional ticket including $10 of loaded value. The Home Plate High Tops is a first come first serve basis but promises amazing views of the field in a casual, exclusive Standing Room Only environment. New for 2022 is the Military Ticket Offer, the Cleveland Guardians are offering ticket discounts for those who serve. The Guardians are honored to join GovX in offering exclusive gameday savings to those who serve the nation. Current and former military personnel get exclusive pricing on home games at GOVX.com.
Due to fan feed back the Guardians fans feedback Progressive field will once again allow to bring small bags not exceeding 16"x16"x8". Also Diaper bags are also allowed in Progressive Field.
Promotional Items and Dates
The Cleveland Guardians recently announced these new player-inspired promotional items for the 2022 season
- June 11 – Aaron Civale Bobblehead courtesy of Car Parts Warehouse (12,500 fans)
- June 25 – Shane Bieber Jersey courtesy of Sherwin-Williams (12,500 fans)
- July 2 – Larry Doby 1948 Jersey courtesy of Discount Drug Mart (15,000 fans)
- July 16 – José Ramírez Bobblehead courtesy of Dollar Bank (15,000 fans)
- August 6 – Myles Straw Jersey courtesy of Medical Mutual (12,500 fans)
- September 3 – Franmil Reyes Bobblehead courtesy of Progressive (12,500 fans)
New Food and a New Way to Order
The Guardians and their food service partner Delaware North have brought some new exciting food options the list is below.
Southwest Burger at Build a Burger - A 1/3 pound CAB all-beef patty topped with guacamole, fresh pico de gallo, “FUNacho” cheese sauce and chipotle crema on a freshly baked brioche bun
Chicken and Waffle - A buttery Belgian waffle with a signature tender, fries and spicy maple syrup
Plant-Based Nachos at Tostitos Nachos Stands - Tostitos chips topped with plant-based protein, “FUNacho” cheese sauce, sour cream, jalapenos and salsa
Mac & Cheese Bowl at Melt, Bar & Grilled - Signature macaroni and cheese with optional Montgomery Inn pulled pork and bacon
Pork Mac & Cheese Cone at Throwin’ Smoke BBQ - Large waffle cone stuffed with creamy mac and cheese and Montgomery Inn pulled pork, topped with coleslaw and a drizzle of barbecue sauce
Wisconsin Brat Burger at Brew Kettle - Seasoned pork burger smoked to perfection, served on a pretzel bun with Swiss cheese and a spicy Kraut relish on the side
Southside Slope Sandwich at Fat Heads - Chargrilled kielbasa topped with sauteed pierogi and onions, American cheese and horseradish sauce
Footlong Chili Dog at Cleveland Dogs ‘n Shakes - A jumbo juicy hot dog topped with spicy beef chili and chopped onions
Progressive Field is adding more mobile ordering this season, expanding locations from six to ten locations. Locations marked ‘hybrid’ will manage both mobile orders and walk-up orders for the 2022 season:
Mobile order locations for 2022
Hometown Sausages (Sec. 171) – Hybrid
Kosher Dogs (Sec. 164) – Mobile only
Great Lakes Bar (Sec. 164) – Hybrid
Gluten Free Stand (Sec. 153) – Hybrid
Ballpark Classics (Sec. 149) – Hybrid
Charred Dog (Sec. 121) – Hybrid
Harvest & Grounds (Sec. 139) – Hybrid
Miller Bar (Sec. 138) – Hybrid
Sausages & Dogs (Sec. 119) Mobile only
Ballpark Classics (Sec. 556) – Hybrid
The Progressive Field Team Store is full of brand-new Guardians Gear from some of the top brands. Fans can now purchase new Guardians jerseys in home white and both road blue and gray options. Guardians home red jerseys are expected to be in stock during the first quarter of the season. Additionally, the Team Store is full of all the on-field gear Guardians players are wearing for the 2022 season. Fans can find new gear from Homage, Nike, New Era, Starter and more.
The Guardians Team Store is now on Instagram. Fans can follow along to see all the new Guardians Gear @guardiansteamstore.
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
- LECOM and the Cleveland Guardians will be donating $50,000 to LECOM’s scholarship fund. For nearly three decades, the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine has nurtured the next generation of physicians, pharmacists and dentists through programs of excellence in education, research, clinical care and community service. The LECOM Student Scholarship Fund has been created to help students reduce debt. With the help of donors, the fund has awarded more than $40 million in scholarships and has helped thousands of students graduate with manageable debt
- The Guardians and Jägermeister are partnering to bring a unique beverage offering to Progressive Field – the Jägermeister Cold Brew Slushies – which can be found at Harvest & Grounds, Grab ‘n Go in Section 121, the Discount Drug Mart Club and the Lexus Home Plate Club
Smucker’s Kids Clubhouse
- The Kids Clubhouse at Progressive Field will now be named the Smucker’s Kid’s Clubhouse
Sugardale Home Run Hot Dogs
- Sugardale announced this month that the Official Hot Dog of the Cleveland Guardians can now be found outside of Progressive Field with the new Sugardale Home Run Hot Dog, now available for purchase in grocery stores across Northeast Ohio. The Home Run Hot Dog is the same 100% beef hot dogs fans have been enjoying at Progressive Field for years. Every purchase helps to build youth baseball fields throughout the region as part of the brand’s partnership with Cleveland Guardians Charities
Cleveland Guardians Charities
Cleveland Guardians Charities is the new name of the Cleveland Guardians private foundation. CGC raises money through programs, events and player contributions to support many CGC beneficiaries, including the Cleveland Metropolitan School District, the City of Cleveland Division of Recreation youth baseball and softball programs, Boys & Girls Clubs of Cleveland and many other community organizations and nonprofits.
The Cleveland Guardians Charities first 5050 raffle, presented by Bally Sports Great Lakes & Fanatics, is now live at cleguardians.com/5050. The first raffle of the year will be a guaranteed $25,000 for the winning ticket.
Davey Tree Swing for Trees Program
During the 2022 season, the Cleveland Guardians will partner with The Davey Tree Expert Company on a new initiative called Swing for Trees. For every home run hit by a Guardians player at Progressive Field, the Guardians will plant a tree in our community to help re-establish the tree canopy in Cleveland. Exact locations for tree plantings will be announced in late summer, with plantings taking place next spring. Fans will learn about the importance of trees to the overall health of our community through scoreboard and social media content throughout the season.
For the latest on the Cleveland Guardians listen HERE