Cleveland - With Fourth of July celebrations likely to be more subdued than usual this year due to COVID-19, and people protesting police brutality all across the U.S., the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2020's Most Patriotic States in America, and Ohio ranks near the top.
The Buckeye State finished 14th in the rankings, which took into account 13 key indicators of patriotism, including state’s military enlistees and veterans to the share of adults who voted in the 2016 presidential election to AmeriCorps volunteers per capita.
Here are some of the numbers that earned Ohio's ranking:
- 20th – Average Number of Military Enlistees per 1,000 Civilian Adults
- 28th – Peace Corps Volunteers per Capita
- 21st – % of Adults Who Voted in 2016 Presidential Election
- 22nd – Volunteer Rate
- 29th– Veterans per 1,000 Civilian Adults
- 1st – Civics Education Requirement
- 22nd – Volunteer Hours per Resident
To read the full study, click here.
© 2020 iHeartMedia, Inc.
Hear news updates at the top and bottom of the hour:wtam.com/listen