Northfield - – MGM Northfield Park Friday announced the reopening date of its racino following closure earlier this year amidst the COVID-19 crisis. The property will reopen in a limited capacity to the public on Saturday, June 20th at noon. A hosted, invitation-only event will take place ahead of the public reopening.
“We are so happy to welcome back our MGM Northfield Park guests and employees,” said MGM Resorts International Acting CEO and President Bill Hornbuckle. “As with our other resort reopenings, health and safety remain a top priority in every phase of our plan. We look forward to providing a safe and fun environment for everyone to enjoy our gaming, restaurant and horse racing amenities.”
Per Ohio Lottery Commission guidelines, a 50 percent capacity restriction will be enforced, VLT machines will be configured to allow for appropriate physical distancing, and valet parking will be temporarily discontinued. Complimentary self-parking will be available for guests. Limited offerings in this first stage of MGM Northfield Park’s reopening include:
• Restaurants: Concerto Italian Kitchen, TAP Sports Bar
• Bars: The Neon Room, Casino Cocktail Service (provided in single-serve disposable cups)
• Live racing
In May, MGM Resorts released its comprehensive “Seven-Point Safety Plan,” a multi-layered set of protocols and procedures designed in conjunction with medical and scientific experts to deter the spread of the virus, protect customers and employees and rapidly respond to potential new cases. The plan will be implemented at MGM Northfield Park with key initiatives to include:
• Employee screening, temperature checks and COVID-19 specific training.
• Employees will be required to wear masks; guests are strongly encouraged to wear masks, which will be available at no cost.
• A physical distancing policy will be enforced in public areas, with floor guides serving as reminders throughout the properties.
• For areas where physical distancing presents challenges, protective barriers have been installed, or other measures will be used to reduce risks for employees and guests.
• MGM Resorts has constructed handwashing stations that are conveniently located on the casino floor.
• Digital menus will be available to view on personal mobile devices via QR codes in restaurant outlets.
• To minimize groups congregating while they wait, restaurant guests will receive a text message notification when their tables are ready.
For the most up-to-date information, visit www.mgmnorthfieldpark.com
© 2020 iHeartMedia, Inc.
Hear news updates at the top and bottom of the hour:wtam.com/listen