(Cuyahoga County) - The City of Cleveland Division of Police will close a series of streets and intersections on Saturday, Jan. 19 for the Women’s March in Downtown Cleveland. Road closures will begin at 11:45 a.m. ahead of the noon March.
For the safety of attendees and other Downtown visitors, the Division of Police has announced that the following road closures will be in effect for the March route:
· Ontario Street from Rockwell Avenue to Lakeside Avenue
· Lakeside Avenue from Ontario Street to East 6th Street
· East 6th Street from Lakeside Avenue to Superior Avenue
· Superior Avenue from East 6th Street to Public Square
Additional closures include:
· Rockwell Avenue at West Mall Drive
· Ontario Street at St. Clair Avenue
· St. Clair Avenue will be closed to east and westbound traffic at Ontario Street
· East Mall Drive at Lakeside Avenue
· Theresa Court at East 6th Street
· Rockwell Avenue at East 6th Street
· East 3rd Street at Superior Avenue
· Euclid Avenue at East 6th Street
· East Roadway at Euclid Avenue
As this is expected to be a large event, those driving into Downtown on Saturday are asked to avoid Public Square and opt for alternative routes.
Event goers are also encouraged to take public transportation or use a rideshare service.
Visit http://www.riderta.com/ for more information on RTA schedules and routes. For more info on the event, visit http://bit.ly/2FGEXz9.
(Photos by Ken Robinson/WTAM)
© 2019 iHeartMedia, Inc.
Hear news updates at the top and bottom of the hour: wtam.com/listen