Rocky River -
- On 01/04/2019 at about 7:15 PM a theft was reported at Fitworks at 20001 Center Ridge Rd. The victim reported leaving her gym card, house keys, and car keys in an unlocked locker when she arrived at the gym. When she returned after exercising, they were gone. There are no suspects.
- On 01/04/2019 at about 10:15 PM a River Oaks Dr. man reported that a woman stole $800 from him. He said they dated several weeks, including her spending the night at his apartment several times. On the last time, the night of 01/01/2018, he discovered the money missing after she left. She admitted to the theft and deleting content on his mobile phone and refused to return the money. Theft charges are pending against the 18-year-old Lakewood woman.
- On 01/06/2019 at about 6:15 PM a manager of Firehouse Subs 21860 Center Ridge Rd. reported a customer made threats against an employee. The manager said the customer, a 21-year-old Rocky River man, called with a complaint about his order. During the call, the man said he was going to return to the store for a refund and the employee that made his order better not be there, which the manager considered a threat. The customer was told he was no longer welcome at the store but no criminal charges were filed.
- On 01/06/2019 at about 10:00 PM police saw a stolen 2000 Dodge minivan on Wooster Rd. near East Shoreland. The officer attempted a traffic stop at the intersection of Wooster and Riverview and the van immediately turned into the parking lot at 2089 Wooster Rd. when several occupants fled the vehicle on foot. After a short foot pursuit, 29-year-old Ortez Littlejohn was apprehended about a block away; two others remain at large. 2019-00032 Incident & Booking are attached. The stolen van was recovered as evidence.
- On 01/06/2019 at about 10:10 PM a Kings Mill Run resident reported that someone rummaged through her car the night before. Nothing was taken and the caller declined to make a police report.
Hear news updates at the top and bottom of the hour: wtam.com/listen