Cleveland - The holiday season proves to be a difficult time for hardworking families, seniors, and countless others in our community. As many look forward to the excitement the holidays bring, our neighbors in need are having to make tough choices. Something as simple as turning on the heat this winter can eat away at a food budget.
This holiday season, you can help end hunger now. Please help us ensure that families and individuals across our community have the nutritious food they need. Thanks to caring people throughout the area, the Greater Cleveland Food Bank has a variety of ways you can help. Please visit GreaterClevelandFoodBank.org/Holidays to get involved.
“This year, I continue to be incredibly inspired by the generosity and caring of our community,” said Kristin Warzocha, President & CEO of the Greater Cleveland Food Bank. “For those especially as risk during the winter- children, senior citizens and those with health challenges – your support is vital. I am grateful that the Food Bank has such tremendous support to ensure they’re taken care of. It’s no small effort and there is always more work to be done.”
Every $1 donated to the Greater Cleveland Food Bank helps to provide four nutritious meals. The easiest way to support the Food Bank’s efforts is through a donation online at GreaterClevelandFoodBank.org. You can also set up a Facebook fundraiser or a virtual drive to get friends and family involved.
Hunger relief efforts can be supported at various events and campaigns hosted by the following generous partners. For a complete list of event, please visit www.GreaterClevelandFoodBank.org/Events.
Feed 4 More Campaign
- November 22 – December 11
- Customers can make donations to the Greater Cleveland Food Bank directly at the register Whole Foods.
CLE Clothing Co. Food Drive
- December 1 – 23
- Customers who bring a non-perishable food donation to any CLE Clothing Co. store will receive 25% off of their purchase that day.
Dietz & Watson Families Helping Families
- November 1 – December 26
- Giant Eagle customers can purchase Dietz & Watson products at the deli counter and when they do, a portion of proceeds will be donated to the Food Bank.
Crate & Barrel Donation Campaign
- November 1 – February 28, 2019
- Crate & Barrel will invite customers to donate at the register and online.
Greater Cleveland Food Bank day at Great Lakes Brewing Co.
- Monday, December 10
- The brewery will donate $1 for every beer sold to the Food Bank.
12 Bars of Charity
- Thursday, December 15
- Grab your friends and attend the world’s most charitable bar crawl. Anyone who registers under the GREEN team at http://www.GreaterClevelandFoodBank.org/12Bars will have $10 of their registration fee donated to the Food Bank.
Skyline Music Against Hunger
- Saturday, December 15
- Food & funds drive at Skyline Music in Westlake that includes a free holiday concert.
FEED ME at the Reagle Beagle
- Sunday, December 16
Attend the Reagle Beagle Lakewood’s holiday party – every ticket sold goes to the Food Bank. www.GreaterClevelandFoodBank.org/Reagle
Hear news updates at the top and bottom of the hour: wtam.com/listen