Rocky River -
- On 11/07/2018 at about 5:25 AM police responded to an apartment building on Hilliard Blvd. after Cuyahoga County Sheriff's Office requested several ambulance for possible fentanyl exposure. Sheriff's Deputies came into contact with the drug while serving a search warrant. Several were transported by ambulance to local hospitals for treatment.
- On 11/07/2018 at about 9:45 AM police responded to a Center Ridge Rd. insurance agent to investigate menacing phone calls. The office manager reported receiving several voice mail messages from an angry customer about a refund. The caller was advised that subsequent calls could result in telecommunications harassment charges.
- On 11/07/2018 at about 11:00 AM police responded to Purnell Ave. after a resident there reported seeing a man carrying a duffel bag crouching between two houses. The man was identified as a handyman hired to clean gutters, but left after working a short time and leaving the duffel bag behind. There was no contraband in the bag, but it was taken by police for safekeeping.
- On 11/07/2018 at about 5:45 PM a Meadowhill Lane man reported the theft of a coin bank from his home. The bank, which was shaped like a car, contained between $200 and $300 in quarters. He suspects house-keepers that were there earlier in the day. Police are investigating.
- On 11/09/2018 at about 12:30 PM Giant Eagle on Center Ridge Rd. reported a theft offense. A woman, later identified as a 35-year-old Angela Mathis of Cleveland, was seen leaving the store without paying for over $500 of groceries. When staff confronted her, she fled on foot. She had been told not to return to Giant Eagle after prior theft offenses. Theft and criminal trespass charges have been filed at the Rocky River Municipal Court.
- On 11/09/2018 at about 1:10 PM staff at Auto Zone on Center Ridge Rd. reported that two women were in the store and left without paying for a tool-kit. They were last seen leaving in an old silver Jeep Cherokee Sport. Police were unable to locate the suspects.
- On 11/09/2018 at about 8:30 PM police made a traffic stop on I-90 at Hilliard Blvd. and discovered the license plate on the car was reported stolen to the Cleveland Police Department. The driver, 28-year-old Arthur Carter from Cleveland, told officers he bought the car for $600 and the license plates were already on it. Officers also discovered a second license plate under the one displayed that was also reported stolen to Cleveland Police. Carter was arrested for Receiving Stolen Property and No Driver's License. The car, a Pontiac Torrent, was impounded.
- On 11/12/2018 at about 6:40 PM a Whittlesay Lane resident reported the theft of a checkbook from his home. He suspects carpet cleaners are responsible as they were the only one in the house since the last time he saw the checkbook. Detectives are investigating.
Hear news updates at the top and bottom of the hour: wtam.com/listen