Below are items of interest from the Rocky River Police Department from Tuesday, 10/16/2018 through Monday, 10/22/2018.
- On 10/17/2018 at about 11:40 PM police saw a car on Center Ridge Rd. drive over the curb several times before stopping near Burger King. The driver, a 23-year-old Lakewood woman, was suffering an unknown medical emergency. She was transported to hospital by ambulance.
- On 10/18/2018 at about 8:10 AM police were called to Rocky River High School to investigate a vandalism complaint after officials found "COPS KILL" and "F--- THE POLICE" painted on the rock near Wagar Rd. and a second "COPS KILL" painted on an exterior wall of the high school near the Wagar Rd. entrance. School officials reviewed video overnight and determined the vandalism occurred the night before at about 9:35 PM by an unidentified lone male who arrived on a bicycle. Photos are attached. The same words were later discovered painted onto the Northview Rd. I-90 overpass and on the street on Westfield Lane.
- On 10/18/2018 at about 10:00 AM police responded to a Beachcliff Blvd. residence after a reported burglary. The complainant said that an unknown person entered the home through a window on the north side. Jewelry was reported missing. The house was vacant at the time, the owner in the process of moving. No other property was taken. Detectives are investigating.
- On 10/20/2018 at about 1:20 PM a police officer saw a car that matched the description of a car being involved in a previous theft offense at Giant Eagle on Center Ridge Rd. The officer ran the license plate and discovered the plate had been entered as stolen from Garfield Hts. The vehicle was stopped prior to leaving the Giant Eagle parking lot. After a brief investigation the operator, Jano Vanizan, a 30-year-old Cleveland woman, was arrested for Receiving Stolen Property.
- On 10/21/2018 at about 11:15 PM a patrol officer saw a vehicle strike the curb on Hilliard Blvd. near Magnificat. The officer turned to follow the car and saw it turned onto Wagar Rd. and pulled to the side because of a flat tire. The driver provided the officer with false information because, as it was later discovered, he had a suspended driver's license. After an investigation, Dionte Cunningham, a 32-year-old Cleveland Hts. man, was arrested for Driving Under Suspension, Providing False Information, and Operating a Vehicle Under the Influence of Alcohol.
- On 10/22/2018 at about 8:10 PM a juvenile reported that his unlocked bicycle was stolen from the Rocky River High School today between 8:00 AM and 3:00 PM.
(Photo courtesy Rocky River Police)
Hear news updates at the top and bottom of the hour: wtam.com/listen