Below are items of interest from the Rocky River Police Department from Tuesday, 10/02/2018 through Monday, 10/15/2018.
- On 10/02/2018 at about 11:40 AM a clerk at Minotti's Wine and Beverage on Detroit Rd. called to report the theft of a $10.99 bottle of wine by a regular but unidentified customer.
- On 10/02/2018 at about 11:40 PM police responded to the Kensington Club Apartments on Smith Ct. after a call was received reporting a man cutting the tires on a Jeep in the parking lot there. Officers discovered the damaged Jeep with all four tires cut and the back window smashed out. The vehicle's owner had no idea who may be responsible for the damage. The suspect was described as a man in blue jeans and a hoodie last seen walking toward Lake Rd.
- On 10/03/2018 was National Coffee With a Cop Day. The Rocky River Citizen Police Academy Alumni Association sponsored a Coffee With a Cop Event at McDonald's Restaurant on Center Ridge Rd. from 2:00 to 4:00 PM.
- On 10/05/2018 at about 7:40 PM a caller reported that her wallet was stolen from Whole Foods on Detroit Rd. while shopping. While an officer was at Whole Foods, a second victim reported that her purse was stolen. An investigation determined that three people seem to be working together. One will distract the victim while another steals the wallet or purse and hands it off to the third. The suspects were described as two women and one man, all of either Asian or Hispanic decent.
- On 10/08/2018 at about 1:00 PM a Wooster Rd. resident reported that two bicycles were stolen from his garage. One was a black Jamis Coda Sport valued at about $500 and the second was a white Jamis Citizen 2, also valued at about $500.
- On 10/08/2018 at about 7:35 PM a auto recovery agent reported that he was attempting to repossess a car on Chatham Place and the owner was being difficult. The owner claims the repo-man took $9,500 from within the car. An independent witness indicated the repo-man never entered the vehicle in question.
- On 10/12/2018 at about 10:00 PM police responded to The Force Indoor Sports arena on Center Ridge Rd. after a reported fight between two soccer players that resulted in one head-butting the other, causing serious injury. Detectives are investigating the incident.
(Photo courtesy Rocky River Police)
Hear news updates at the top and bottom of the hour: wtam.com/listen