Rocky River - Police reports from August 21st through August 28th.
- On 08/22/2018 at about 5:20 PM police responded to Daniel J Salon on Center Ridge Rd. after a report of a customer refusing to leave the store. Officers determined that the caller ordered food from a delivery service and was upset with the length of time it took to arrive. No charges were filed and the delivery driver was informed he was no longer welcome at the salon.
- On 08/22/2018 at about 7:35 PM a Hampton Rd. resident reported a neighbor was filming inside his home. Officers discovered a camera was set up, but the neighbor was attempting to record the caller's "dog continuously barking", which is part of ongoing neighbor complaint. No charges were filed and the unhappy neighbor was advised to direct his complaint to the Animal Control Officer.
- On 08/22/2018 at about 9:25 PM police responded to a River Oaks Dr. condominium after a neighbor complained about loud music from a nearby unit. Officers heard the music and the resident refused to come to the door. The resident, 63-year-old John Michailides, was cited for the noise disturbance.
- On 08/25/2018 at about 2:20 PM, Giant Eagle security reported an unwanted person in the store. The security agent recognized the person from prior theft attempts and said that she was advised not to return to any Giant Eagle location. Criminal trespass charges are pending.
- On 08/25/2018 at about 10:10 PM Giant Eagle reported that they were detaining a shoplifter. Giant Eagle security told responding officers that Charles Jannsohn, 46-years-old from Fairview Park, was seen selecting, concealing, and leaving the store without paying for about $38.00 worth of merchandise. Mr. Jannsohn was arrested for theft.
- On 08/25/2018 at about 11:35 PM police observed a man walking westbound on Detroit Rd., stumbling into the roadway several times before sitting down leaning against a utility pole. The man smelled strongly of an alcoholic beverage, was unable to provide a complete address, and had difficulty standing up. James Rice, a 30-year-old Rocky River man, was arrested for Disorderly Conduct While Intoxicated.
Hear news updates at the top and bottom of the hour: wtam.com/listen