Cleveland - Make your plans now, The Cleveland Indians announced Wednesday the club’s 2019 schedule, its 119th as a charter member of the American League, and the 25th anniversary of Progressive Field.
The Tribe opens the season on the road March 28 against the Minnesota Twins, with the home opener set for Monday, April 1 against the Chicago White Sox. The home opener begins a six-game homestand featuring a two-game series against the White Sox (April 1 & April 3) and a four-game series against Toronto (April 4-7). The only other homestand the month of April follows later in the month with a three-game series against Atlanta (April 19-21) and a two-game series against Miami (April 23-24).
The Indians will hit the road for an eight-game road trip right before the All-Star break to allow for the 2019 All-Star Week festivities to begin in Cleveland on July 5-9:
The 2019 schedule will feature six summer weekends at Progressive Field from June to August:
- · June 7-9 vs. New York Yankees
- · June 21-23 vs. Detroit Tigers
- · July 12-14 vs. Minnesota Twins
- · July 19-21 vs. Kansas City Royals
- · Aug. 2-4 vs. Los Angeles Angels
- · Aug. 23-25 vs. Kansas City Royals
Home Interleague opponents in 2019 include the Atlanta Braves (April 19-21), Miami Marlins (April 23-24), Cincinnati Reds (June 11-12) and Philadelphia Phillies (Sept. 20-22).
Other 2019 schedule notes:
- The Tribe has one 11-game homestand:
- May 16-26 (vs. Orioles, Athletics, Rays)
- The Indians have one 10-game homestand:
- July 12-21 (vs. Twins, Tigers, Royals)
- Longest road trip is 9 games:
- April 9-17 (at Tigers, Royals, Mariners)
- 16 of the final 25 games of the season come against divisional opponents
Hear news updates at the top and bottom of the hour: wtam.com/listen