- On 0731/2018 at about 12:45 AM, the driver of a car stopped for a traffic violation on Center Ridge Rd. pulled behind Huntington Bank and fled on foot. He was caught a short time later behind Piada, about five hundred feet away. Bernard Dormendo, 27-years-old from Lakewood, was arrested for Driving Under Suspension and Obstructing Official Business.
- On 08/02/2018 at about 10:30 AM a woman called 911 from Burger King 20333 Center Ridge Rd. to report that her ex-boyfriend was in the parking lot hitting her car with his car. The suspect left the scene prior to officer arrival. An investigation resulted in an arrest warrant for Phillip Williams, a 22-year-old Lakewood man, for Criminal Damaging, Reckless Operation on Private Property, and No Driver's License. He was arrested later that day. 2018-01469 Booking is attached.
- On 08/03/2018 at about 4:50 AM officers responding to an alarm at Pier Beverage and Deli 22474 Lake Rd. discovered someone had broken into the building. The store owner was present and reported several items missing. A similar B&E was attempted thirty minutes earlier on Lake Rd. in Sheffield Lake. Detectives are investigating.
- On 08/03/2018 at about 9:45 AM police responded to reports of an intoxicated man getting into a car on Erie Rd. The man, 28-year-old Kaleb Simpson, was recognized by neighbors as a friend of a resident who has drug problems and is no longer welcome at the home. Mr. Simpson was arrested on an outstanding warrant for Disorderly Conduct and a second warrant for Criminal Trespass. 2018-01476 Incident & Booking are attached.
- On 08/05/2018 at about 7:15 PM officers responded to Erie Rd. after a resident reported finding Kaleb Simpson, 28-years-old, in the home after he had been released from jail the day before for a trespass charge for being in the same home several days earlier. Another warrant for his arrest was obtained through the Rocky River Municipal Court. Another man present, Dennis Sawyer, 38-years-old from Lakewood, was arrested for a warrant from the Cuyahoga County Sheriff's Office.
- On 08/05/2018 at about 9:15 PM police responded to a Beachwood Dr. residence after a woman called and reported an argument with her boyfriend. Police arrived and found Deborah Chubb, a 55-year-old Willoughby woman, outside. She said she came to her boyfriend's house to break up with him but he would not let her in the house. While talking to her, officers noticed she had been drinking. They also discovered damage to the car owned by her boyfriend, which an investigation determined she was responsible for. Ms. Chubb was arrested for drunk driving and criminal damage. 2018-01495 Incident & Booking are attached
Hear news updates at the top and bottom of the hour: wtam.com/listen