Below are items from the Rocky River Police Department from Tuesday, 04/17/2018 through Monday, 04/23/2018.
- On 04/18/2018 at about 1:00 AM a Hilliard Blvd. resident called police to report the theft of his car, a Volvo C30. The suspect, known only as Brian, was visiting and took the car and a money jar after the caller fell asleep. On 04/20/2018, the Ohio State Highway Patrol stopped the car and it was occupied by the man identified by the victim as 25-year-old Brian Fassnacht of Cleveland, who was arrested by the OSP for OVI. Charges regarding the auto theft are pending.
- On 04/18/2018 at about 10:45 AM management of the Linden House Apartments called to report that someone broke into the party room, causing damage to the doors. The male suspect, a 62-year-old Cleveland man, is known to the manager and police for similar behavior. Criminal charges are pending.
- On 04/10/2018 at about 5:40 PM, a 30-year-old Wooster Rd. woman reported to police that three packages have been stolen from her porch over the last week. On 04/18/2018, police watching the area observed a woman, later identified as 46-year-old Audrey Lee Gwinn of Rocky River, taking a package off the victim's porch. Ms. Gwinn was arrested for theft. Other stolen items were recovered.
- On 04/18/2018 at about 4:10 PM a woman cleaning and preparing Northview Rd. home for an estate sale found what looked like a hand grenade in the basement. The police bomb squad determined the device was a real World War I era grenade but was disabled. It was removed from the home for disposal.
- On 04/21/2018 at about 2:50 AM an Uber driver reported being threatened and assaulted by two male passengers after he asked them to get out of his car for smoking after being told it was not allowed and asking disturbing questions. The driver saw the men enter a Center Ridge Rd. bar where they were later located by police. Joseph Quebodeaux, 31-years-old from Westlake, was charged with Aggravated Menacing and Disorderly Conduct while Intoxicated; Trevor Ditch, 30-years-old from Lakewood, was charged with Assault, Criminal Damaging, and Disorderly Conduct while Intoxicated.