ROCKY RIVER, OH - Here are notes from the Rocky River, Ohio police blotter for the week of February 13, 2018.
- On 02/13/2018 at about 10:40 AM a vehicle was stopped for prohibited truck route. The odor of marijuana was detected and two bags of marijuana were located in the cab of the truck. The driver was cited for No Truck Route, Possession of Marijuana, and Failure to Display his driver's license.
- On 02/13/2018 at about 2:10 PM Lowe's loss prevention personnel reported the theft of a nail gun valued at about $200. The suspect fled in a silver car. A possible license plate was obtained and an investigation is ongoing.
- On 02/13/2018 at about 9:20 PM a Center Ridge Rd. store reported a shoplifter in custody. The subject fled from store security prior to officer arrival and was stopped as he was leaving the parking lot and arrested for theft. He was in possession of a loaded handgun at the time of the arrest.
- On 02/14/2018 at about 9:15 AM, a caller reported a house on Warwick Lane had been burglarized. Police discovered the front door was forcibly opened and the house had been gone through. Detectives are investigating.
- On 02/15/2018 at about 3:45 PM a Morewood Pkwy resident reported the theft of US Mail from her home.
- On 02/15/2018 at man walked into a Detroit Rd. business and said he worked at a store a few doors down, was locked out, and asked to borrow money for the locksmith. The man never returned to repay the money and the business a few doors down did not report ever being locked out. The victim was scammed out of $44.00.
- On 02/15/2018 at about 3:00 PM two men came to the door of a River Oaks apartment and represented themselves and maintenance personnel. While one distracted the resident, a second entered the unit and removed property. Detectives responded and are investigating.
- On 02/15/2018 at about 5:30 PM a man stole four drills valued at about $600.00 from a Detroit Rd. hardware store.
- (c) iHeartMedia 2018