ROCKY RIVER, OH - News notes from the Rocky River Police blotter.
- On 02/08/2018 at about 10:40 AM a Pond Dr. resident reported being the victim of a scam of about $4000.00. A preliminary investigation indicates the perpetrator is out of state. A report was forwarded to the Detective Bureau for follow-up.
- On 02/10/2018 at about 3:45 PM an officer saw a man he recognized and knew to be 19-years-old leaving a Lake Rd. store carrying recently purchased alcohol. The man was stopped and had a warrant from another agency for underage alcohol possession. He was also in possession of a fake ID. He was charged with Underage Possession of Alcohol and Certain Acts Prohibited.
- On 02/10/2018 at about midnight, a Tonawanda Dr. resident reported car tracks in lawns on both does of the street. Responding officers did not see obvious damage to affected lawns.
- On 02/11/2018 at about 5:15 AM an Uber driver reported a woman walking believed to be intoxicated walking on Lake Rd. The caller reported nearly striking the pedestrian as she stumbled into the street. The woman was arrested for Disorderly Conduct While Intoxicated and later released to a sober adult.
- On 02/12/2018 at about 9:00 PM a car was stopped for a traffic violation on Lake Rd. Officers noticed the distinct odor of marijuana and conducted a search of the car. Suspected marijuana and two knives, one over 6 inches, the second about 5 inches, were discovered within reach of the driver, who was arrested for Certain Weapons Prohibited. He was also cited for Possession of Marijuana.
(c) iHeartMedia 2018