(Akron) -- A family in Akron says their dog saved their life when he woke them up in the middle of the night because their house was on fire. Donna Freeman, who was staying in the home with her son and mother at the time, says the dog nudged her several times around two a.m. yesterday morning until she woke up. When she finally got up she found the house filling with smoke. Freeman was able to alert others in the house to get out, including five kids between the ages of 16 and four. Adults in the home were able to put the fire out with a fire extinguisher. The dog named "Bear" is a seven-year-old American Shepherd.
Still Photo Credit: Donna Freeman/Facebook