(Akron) – An 18-month old baby who, last Thursday, overdosed on some kind of opioid, has died.
The Summit County Medical Examiner says the baby died Sunday night at Akron Children’s Hospital. An autopsy will be done on the baby.
A call on Thursday to 911 came from a nine-year-old boy, who told dispatchers where they could find his baby brother, who was not breathing. Rescue crews gave the baby a dose of the anti-overdose drug Narcan, and doctors at Akron Children’s gave him a second dose to get him breathing again.
No charges have been filed yet.
(Photo by Spencer Platt/Getty Images)