(Cleveland) - A Medina man who lived in an apartment that was the epicenter of an explosion and fire has filed suit against the owners and management of the apartment complex.
Robert Drake, whose handicapped son died in the fire, and whose wife died 11 days later in the hospital, is seeking an unspecified amount of damages.
The suit against Integrity Realty Group and SPM Properties was filed in Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas. It claims a gas dryer was removed from the Drake's apartment, but the gas line wasn't capped properly.
It was determined that a gas leak caused the explosion that leveled the building where the Drake family lived.
(Photo by Carmen Angelo/WTAM 1100)