BEREA, Ohio (March 24, 2023) – Ahead of an expected major weather event with high winds and rain, the Ohio Turnpike and Infrastructure Commission has issued a travel restriction across the entire 241-mile toll road for all high-profile vehicles from 11 a.m., Saturday, March 25, 2023, to 8 p.m., Saturday, March 25, 2023. (High-profile vehicles are heights exceeding 7 feet and 6 inches.)
The following types of vehicles will be prohibited from traveling on the Ohio Turnpike until the travel restriction is canceled or expires:
- All high-profile tow-behind trailers, campers, boats, and enclosed trailers. (Fifth-wheel trailers are excluded.);
- Commercial trucks towing an empty single 53-foot trailer;
- All mobile homes, office trailers, and livestock trailers;
- All long combination vehicles (LCV) include long double-trailer combinations exceeding 90 feet in length. (Enclosed trailers only, including Conestoga-type trailers); and
- All LCV triple-trailer combinations.
The following types of vehicles will be permitted to travel on the Ohio Turnpike:
- Self-propelled motor homes;
- Low-profile trailers;
- Fold-down camper trailers;
- Pickup trucks with slide-on camper units;
- Vehicles towing fifth-wheel type trailers or any other type of trailers towed by passenger vehicles or pickup trucks;
- Commercial trucks towing single flatbed or box-type trailers;
- Commercial trucks towing a single 53-foot trailer with cargo/loaded;
- Commercial trucks towing a car hauler trailer;
- Commercial trucks towing flatbed double-trailer combinations more than 90 feet;
- Commercial trucks hauling any double-trailer combinations less than 90 feet;
- 2-axle buses less than 40 feet; and
- Buses with three or more axles less than 45 feet.
The implemented travel restriction will be continually evaluated throughout the weather event.
(Copyright 2023 iHeartMedia)
Listen to WTAM for news at the top and bottom of the hour