Papillion-La Vista Community Schools is paying $1 million to the family of a student who died last year. Jagger Shaw, 14, died last May - his father, Tom Shaw said in a Facebook post that Jagger's teacher at Liberty Middle School offered him a granola bar after he asked to go to the office for a snack. His father said “The teacher said you can have one of my granola bars, so Jagger took it and got halfway through eating it and felt like he was starting to have an allergic reaction,” Jagger went to the school nurse's office - given the allergy medication, Benadryl and that didn't work. Then the nurse gave Jagger an epinephrine shot with an EpiPen - ambulance took him to a hospital where he died May 7. Tom Shaw did not describe Jagger's allergy in the post nor say if the school was aware of that allergy.
Click Here To Listen Live https://www.iheart.com/live/news-radio-wtam-1100-174