ROCKY RIVER, OH - The Rocky River Chamber of Commerce awarded the City of Rocky River the 2022 Beautification Award for the improvements the new Rocky River Police station made to their community. The award was presented in late January.
News notes from the Rocky River Police blotter:
- On 01/23/2023 at about 9:05 a.m. police stopped a 2016 Nissan in the Rocky River Municipal Court parking lot after a registration check indicated the driver had a suspended driver's license and there was a BMV confiscation order on the vehicle registration. The driver was cited, license plates seized and returned to the BMV, and the vehicle impounded.
- On 01/23/2023 at about 3:45 p.m. a caller reported a man inside a white Subaru drinking and having difficulty staying awake at the Beachcliff Market Square shopping plaza. Police arrived and found a 36-year-old Bay Village man asleep with two open containers of an alcoholic beverage in the car. When the driver was finally awake, officers noticed the odor of an alcoholic beverage coming from his breath and other indicators of alcohol intoxication. The driver was arrested for drunk driving.
- On 01/27/2023 at about 12:30 a.m. a caller reported a white car stopped in the middle of Westway Rd. near Lakeview, blocking both lanes. Police discovered the car as reported. The driver told officers he was driving to Mentor, Ohio. Officers detected an odor of an alcoholic beverage and asked the driver to turn the car off and exit. Instead of pushing the button to turn the car off, the driver was pushing buttons on the climate control console. After refusing field sobriety tests, the 40-year-old Amherst man was arrested for drunk driving.
- On 01/27/2023 at about 6:15 p.m. police stopped a 2007 Mazda for a license plate violation, expired in November 2022. The 35-year-old driver of the car was using the previous owner's license plates. He also was under a driver's license suspension. He was cited and the vehicle impounded.
- On 01/28/2023 at about 8:45 p.m. a Beachcliff Blvd. residence reported that their home had been burglarized while the family was away for the evening. There was no evidenced of forced entry into the home and cash and jewelry were missing. Police are investigating.