Michael Deemer, President & CEO from The Downtown Cleveland Alliance spoke to Bill about How will this year’s All Star Game impact Downtown Cleveland - How is Downtown Cleveland Alliance getting involved in the All-Star festivities
- For months we’ve been talking about Downtown’s recovery.
- Events like 2022 NBA ASG, 2021 NFL Draft have particularly helped in terms of our recovery
- Large-scale national events- Bring visitors, increased foot traffic- boost to local restaurants 7 retailers
- Anticipated $100 million economic impact- Impacting local business- boost for hotels
- Shines a national spotlight on our city and Downtown
- Builds on track record for hosting large scale national events. (NFL Draft, MLB All-Star, 2016 RNC)
- Continuing to be good stewards- Ambassadors have been working hard- snow removal
- Ambassadors will be present all weekend from 7am- 12am
- Hospitality carts- assisting with wayfinding- working hand in hand with the police, additional line of site
- Visitors are encouraged to call our Operations Center at 216-621-6000 from 7am - midnight to notify and deploy Ambassadors to any areas in need of attention or a uniformed presence throughout the weekend.
- Retail openings: Indie E. 4th, Filter (Warehouse), The Fruit Stand in Playhouse Square, House of Creole,
- Highlighting events, activations/ opportunities through our communications
- #VoicesofCLE Pop up Activation | On Thursday, February 17th and Friday, February 18th DCA will have four VOC artists live painting in the Stephanie Tubbs Jones Gallery at Cleveland Hopkins Airport welcoming visitors to Cleveland as they make their way to the GCRTA Airport station.
- Hank Willis Thomas Pop Up Exhibition- nationally recognized artist Hank Willis Thomas will present a new series of artwork in an exhibition titled The New Black Aesthetic from Thursday, February 17th – Sunday, February 20th at the Caxton Building (812 Huron Rd.).
- Fortunate for the opportunity to host this year’s NBA All Star Game- as we continue to navigate our recovery
- The infusion of people and energy will offer a significant boost to our local small businesses, and we anticipate them benefiting significantly from the increased activity,
For more information, or if you’re interested in relocating your business into Downtown Cleveland, visit Downtowncleveland.com