CLEVELAND - The National Basketball Association (NBA) unveiled the NBA All-Star 2022 court as part of the first-ever citywide, shoppable NBA All-Star NFT art gallery in Cleveland. The official NBA All-Star 2022 court, which will see the league’s best players compete in the 71st NBA All-Star Game on Sunday, Feb. 20 at 8 p.m. ET on TNT, will be featured as one of the limited-edition collectibles. The NBA All-Star NFT Collection will be available for purchase starting Monday, Feb. 7, and beginning today, fans can visit any of 10 locations throughout the city to find and scan a QR code to sign up and register for more information.
Shoppable NBA All-Star NFT Art Gallery in Cleveland:
The NFTs showcase the history of NBA All-Star in Ohio through the courts the games have been played on, represented as limited-edition digital collectibles. Each court will be displayed as part of NBA All-Star artwork covering one of 10 Cleveland locations, and will then be digitally represented in its original form, the “NBA Edition,” as well as in a 75th Anniversary thematic, the “Diamond Edition.” Purchase of any “Diamond Edition” NFT will also include a mini physical replica of the court. As part of the program, $100,000 of the proceeds from the sale of the NFTs will go to the Funders Collaborative on COVID Recovery, a partnership that includes nearly 50 philanthropic foundations, nonprofits, and government entities, to help support the community as it recovers from the economic and social impacts of COVID-19. The designs include:
- The NBA All-Star 1966 court from Cincinnati Gardens.
- The NBA All-Star 1981 court from Richfield Coliseum, which marked the league’s 35th Anniversary.
- The NBA All-Star 1997 court from Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse (formerly Gund Arena), commemorating the league’s 50th Anniversary.
- The NBA All-Star 2022 court showcasing the league’s 75th Anniversary, to be held at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse.
- An exclusive 75th Anniversary court design inspired by the creative used throughout the season in celebration of the milestone.
Fans will find the QR codes located throughout Downtown Cleveland at various locations including Tower City Center entrances at Public Square and Huron Road, JACK Cleveland Casino Skywalk, RTA’s B-Line Trolleys, The 9’s digital boards overlooking E. 9th Street, The Arcade, Gateway District wallscapes and Gateway Plaza next to Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse.
NBA All-Star 2022 Court:
The NBA All-Star 2022 court honors the league’s 75th Anniversary Season alongside the city of Cleveland and its rich history. Design details include the following:
- The signature wine and yellow colors of the Cleveland Cavaliers.
- The baselines and sidelines showcase a faceted diamond pattern as an homage to the NBA’s diamond anniversary.
- A trio of stars shooting across center court trail the league’s history of milestone anniversaries celebrated in Cleveland.
- The NBA All-Star 1981 logo sits within the bottom left star, highlighting the league’s 35th Anniversary; the NBA All-Star 1997 logo sits within the top right star, highlighting the league’s 50th Anniversary; and the NBA All-Star 2022 logo sits prominently at center court, highlighting the season long celebration of 75 years of NBA basketball.
- A subtle gradation of wood tone transitions from center court to within the key, to inside the paint.
- A unique wood design is inlaid in the paint on each side, with a parquet pattern on the left and a herringbone pattern, which was used on basketball courts as early as 1893, on the right.
- A silhouette of the NBA75 logo sits in the top left and bottom right corners of the court.