Michael Deemer, President & CEO from The Downtown Cleveland Alliance spoke to Bill about Winter is here and has shown up in full force. How is DCA working to get the snow removed in Downtown Cleveland? How can we all be more supportive of local businesses during these colder winter months?
DCA is actively working with the city to make sure that the streets and sidewalks
- Open line of communication with the City and the Mayor’s office
- DCA Clean and Safe Ambassadors are working tirelessly to assist with clearing crosswalks, public transportation access ways, and curb ramps.
- We are working with the Downtown property owners to make sure they are getting the sidewalks in front of their properties cleared for safe access.
- DCA Ambassadors are here to help improve the pedestrian experience and to make sure residents, employees and visitors are able to navigate their way through downtown.
- Safe accessways are essential to business
Speaking of businesses
- The cold weather does not stop our Downtown small business owners
- We encourage everyone to bundle up and get Downtown to shop local, shop small
- Check out the new stores recently opened in Tower City
- Jaxson’s Closet, Miamour, Peach Fuzz
- New restaurant open on E. 4th Street - Indie
- Increased foot traffic is essential for storefront retail- so drawing people downtown is important
- Make sure to get vaccinated, boosted, practice good hygiene & social distance
- Sign up to receive your at home at home covid tests
- Testing can boost confidence about returning to the office and other in-person activities.
For more information, or if you’re interested in relocating or expanding your business into Downtown Cleveland, visit Downtown Cleveland.com