(Cleveland, OH) - Free Medicare Check-up Day on-site events are coming around the 2022 Medicare open enrollment period, October 15th through December 7th.
The events will be held by The Ohio Senior Health Insurance Program (OSHIIP) and will help educate participants about Medicare basics, coverage options, and financial assistance programs.
OSHIIP, a division of the Ohio Department of Insurance, helps Ohioans understand Medicare and determine the best coverage options for their healthcare needs and budget. Coverage and cost evaluation is imperative because Medicare plans can change from year to year.
Medicare 2022 plan information is available at www.medicare.gov. During Medicare open enrollment, Ohioans can:
- Determine if their existing coverage will continue to meet their health insurance needs.
- Stay on Original Medicare and shop for a stand-alone Part D prescription drug plan.
- Select a Medicare Advantage plan, which provides comprehensive health benefits, typically including prescription drug coverage.
- Utilize certain financial assistance programs.
OSHIIP’s October regional on-site schedule:
- Oct. 22 – Cuyahoga County: In-person counseling by appointment from 9:30 a.m.to 3 p.m. North Olmsted Senior Center, 28114 Lorain Rd. in North Olmsted. Call 440-777-8100 to schedule an appointment.
- Oct. 26 – Cuyahoga County: In-person counseling by appointment from 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Shaker Heights Library, 20600 Fayette Rd. in Shaker Heights. Call 216-991-2421 to schedule an appointment.
- Oct. 27 – Cuyahoga County: In-person counseling by appointment from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Orange Senior Center, 32205 Chagrin Blvd. in Pepper Pike. Call 216-831-8601 to schedule an appointment.
- Oct. 28 – Cuyahoga County: In-person counseling by appointment from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. City of Cleveland Heights building, 1 Monticello Blvd. in Cleveland Heights. Call 216-691-7377 to schedule an appointment.
- Oct. 28 – Summit County: In-person counseling by appointment from 9 a.m.to 3 p.m. Twinsburg Senior Center, 10260 Ravenna Rd. in Twinsburg.
- Oct. 29 – Cuyahoga County: In-person counseling by appointment from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Brecksville Human Services Center, 2 Community Dr. in Brecksville.
In addition to on-site events, which are subject to change or cancellation, OSHIIP is holding virtual Medicare Check-up Day webinars on Mondays from Sept. 20 to Nov. 30.
For a full outreach schedule and event registration, visit www.insurance.ohio.gov.
OSHIIP staff is available Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 1-800-686-1578 and OSHIIPmail@insurance.ohio.gov
(Copyright, iHeartMedia 2021)