(Erie County) - The remains of Navy Corpsman Max Soviak will be coming back to Ohio this week. Soviak was one of 13 American military members who died in a suicide bombing in late August near the airport in Kabul, Afghanistan.
Soviak's remains will arrive at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport about 10:25 a.m. on Wednesday. There will be a private ceremony at the airport. Then, a hears will head west on the Ohio Turnpike toward Soviak's hometown of Berlin Heights.
When the procession leaves the Turnpike at The Route 250 exit, the public is invited to line the procession route.
- The route will go southbound on Route 250 from the Strecker Road intersection to Route 113 East
- It will go east on Route 113 through Milan, passing Edison High School, where Soviak graduated in 2017,
- Then, north on Berlin Road to West Main Street in Berlin Heights
- East on West main Street To South Street (Route 61)
- South on South Street to the Morman-Hinman-Tanner Funeral Home in Berlin Heights, where the procession concludes.
Information about Soviak's funeral will be announced later this week..
(Copyright 2021, iHeartMedia)
Listen to WTAM for news at the top and bottom of the hour