(Cleveland, OH) -Lake Metroparks stocked Hidden Lake with 1,000 pounds of rainbow trout on Friday, October 23. These catchable trout are 1.5+ lbs. and 12"+ each and are ready for action. Trout are fairly easy to catch from a fishing deck and multiple access points around the nine-acre pond.
- Lake Metroparks stocks its pond in the fall to extend the season for anglers of all ages and abilities.
- The pond at Veterans Park in Mentor was stocked with 1,000 lbs. of rainbow trout last week.
- Both ponds and others were also stocked earlier with largemouth bass, channel catfish and minnows.
- Note: A state of Ohio fishing license is required for ages 16 and older to fish at Veterans Park, access to rivers and their tributaries, and along the lakefront.
- Other than Veterans Park, the other 12 ponds stocked by Lake Metroparks do not require a fishing license.
- Click here or locations and more about fishing at Lake Metroparks.
- Lake Metroparks offers a variety of fishing programs for people of all ages and abilities. Click here for upcoming fishing programs.
Hidden Lake (north entrance) is located at 6850 Kniffen Rd. in Leroy Twp. 44077
Photo Credit: Lake Metroparks