(Cleveland) - Cleveland Clinic, which co-hosted Tuesday night's presidential debate, has issued a statement in light of the news that President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania Trump have both tested positive for COVID-19:
“As health advisor to the Commission on Presidential Debates and the host site, we had several requirements to maintain a safe environment that align with CDC guidelines - including temperature checks, hand sanitizing, social distancing and masking. Most importantly, everyone permitted inside the debate hall tested negative for COVID-19 prior to entry. Individuals traveling with both candidates, including the candidates themselves, had been tested and tested negative by their respective campaigns.
Based on what we know about the virus and the safety measures we had in place, we believe there is low risk of exposure to our guests. Out of an abundance of caution we are reaching out to our guests to address any questions and concerns, as well as offering testing. We will continue to monitor the information being released by the White House.”
Meanwhile, cleveland.com is reporting that the Trump family did not follow Cleveland Clinic guidelines on wearing face masks Tuesday night. A pool reporter from NBC said a Clinic doctor offered them one in case they didn't have one, but all refused the offer of masks. Reporter Marianna Sotomayor wrote in a tweet, "The doctor looked frustrated as she stepped away, prompting a staffer to say, 'That's all you can do.'"
The debate's moderator, Fox News anchor Chris Wallace, said on Fox News also said the Trump famly didn't wear masks, while Joe Biden, his family, and guests all complied.
(Copyright 2020 iHeartMedia)
Hear news at the top and bottom of the hour on WTAM