Below are items of interest from the Rocky River Police Department from Tuesday, 08/13/2019, through Monday, 08/19/2019.
- On 08/13/2019 at about 1:40 AM police responded to 2392 Wooster Rd. after a report of a fight. Police arrived and discovered two women had been fighting over a property dispute as one was moving out of the apartment. Neither wanted to pursue charges.
- On 08/13/2019 at about 12:15 PM a caller reported seeing a motorist strike a parked car in the parking lot at 20545 Center Ridge Rd. and go inside the building without leaving a note or making efforts to notify the owner/driver of the victim car. The investigating officer discovered damage consistent with the witnesses description and waited for the suspect driver to return. Kristine Pagsuyoin, 52-years-old from Lakewood, was cited. 2019-01347 Incident is attached.
- On 08/16/2019 at about 1:10 PM police responded to Harbor Court 22900 Center Ridge Rd. after a recently terminated employee was causing problems. The employee was refusing to leave and causing a scene, but left with a family member after police arrival. No charges were filed, but a trespass order was issued.
- On 08/16/2019 at about 2:05 PM police responded to a Lake Rd. apartment complex after a report that building staff was driving the car of a recently deceased tenant. The employee told police that the car was knowingly abandoned by the former tenant's family without instructions on how to dispose of it. The employee was advised of legal options for disposal of the abandoned car. No charges were filed.
- On 08/16/2019 at about 4:15 PM police responded to Heinen's 19219 Detroit Rd. to investigate a reported assault. The victim told police she was shopping when her fiance's ex-wife approached and assaulted her. The independent investigation confirmed the incident and an arrest warrant for assault was issued for 29-year-old Teshia Williams of Avon. 2019-01369 Incident is attached.
- On 08/16/2019 at about 9:10 PM a police officer on patrol saw a man and woman arguing and grabbing each other in the parking lot of the Shell station on Hilliard Blvd. at Wooster Rd. The officers determined the couple had been arguing over property, each trying to take it. The 27-year-old woman was wanted by the Cuyahoga County Sheriff's Office for unknown charges and was taken to the County Jail.
- On 08/18/2019 at about 12:30 AM police responded to St. Demetrios church 22909 Center Ridge Rd. after a Sheriff's Deputy working an event requested assistance. While there, an intoxicated patron made several threats of physical harm to the deputy and challenged him to fight. The man, 26-year-old Zachary Gallman of Columbus, was cited for Disorderly Conduct and released to a sober adult. 2019-01378 Incident is attached.
- On 08/19/2019 at about 7:45 PM police received a complaint that a resident may be running a barber shop in his garage on Walnut Lane. The resident told the responding officer that he is in barber school and cutting his friends' hair free. He was advised of barber shop licensing requirements and that if he continued without a license he could be cited.
The Rocky River Recreation Department is sponsoring dog night at the pool on Tuesday, 09/03/2019, from 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM at the Rocky River outdoor pool at 21016 Hilliard Blvd. For a suggested two dollar donation, friendly dogs can have the last swim before the pool closes for the season. Proceeds will be shared between Love A Stray and the Rocky River Police K9 unit. Dogs must arrive and leave the pool area on a leash.
Hear news updates at the top and bottom of the hour: wtam.com/listen
© 2019 iHeartMedia, Inc.