Rocky River -
- On 08/06/2019 at about 3:05 AM police stopped a 2016 Volkswagen for a traffic violation on Interstate 90 e/b between Hilliard Blvd. and McKinley. The license plates on the car had expired in 2017, and the driver and registered owner had a suspended driver's license. Morghan Stokes, 28-years-old from Cleveland, was cited for Speed, DUS, and Expired License Plates and released. The vehicle was impounded.
- On 08/06/2019 at about 11:40 AM a resident at the Beachcliff Place Apartments 22453 Lake Rd. reported the side views mirrors from his 2008 Ford Focus were stolen overnight. The mirror glass was missing from both sides mirrors. There was some damage to the rear passenger side of the vehicle, but it's unclear if it's related to the theft of the mirrors.
- On 08/06/2019 at about 5:10 PM police went to Fitworks 20001 Center Ridge Rd. after a member there reported a theft from his locked locker. He reported he used a combination luggage-style lock. $15 cash was missing. While taking the report, a second member reported his locker was also entered and he was using a similar style lock, but nothing was missing.
- On 08/07/2019 at about 2:00 AM police stopped Jeep on Interstate 90 westbound after an officer saw it operating without headlights and weaving outside its lane. When the officer approached, the driver unrolled the back window of the car. He also said he was headed home to Akron, despite heading away from Akron. The officer noticed the odor of an alcoholic beverage coming from the driver and administered a series of field sobriety tests.
Thomas M. Adams, 53-years-old from Akron, was arrested for drunk driving.
- On 08/08/2019 at about 9:35 PM police received a complaint from a Hilliard Blvd. resident who reported an intoxicated male had been screaming into a loud speaker somewhere on Detroit Rd. for the last hour. Police located the sources of the disturbance as karaoke night at the Westwood County Club. The event was shut down for the evening.
- On 08/09/2019 at about 11:55 AM police investigated a complaint that the GetGo Gas Station 22150 Center Ridge Rd. received a counterfeit $20 bill. It was determined to have been received sometime between 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM that day. Detectives are investigating.
- On 08/11/2019 at about 8:10 PM an SUV struck a parked vehicle at 20493 Lake Rd., causing the SUV to roll over, coming to rest on its side. The driver, 39-year-old Richard Bartos of Aurora, was cited for Failure to Maintain Assure Cleared Distance Ahead (ACDA). There were no injuries.
Photos courtesy of The Rocky River Police Department
© 2019 iHeartMedia, Inc.
Hear news updates at the top and bottom of the hour:wtam.com/listen