Rocky River -
- On 04/10/2019 at about 11:40 AM loss prevention personnel at Marc's Discount Store 21661 Center Ridge Rd. reported that an unidentified man took beer from the shelf into the bathroom and consumed it before leaving the store without paying for the beer. They believe the same suspect has done this before.
- On 04/11/2019 at about 10:00 AM police stopped a 2008 Saturn Aura on Interstate 90 west bound after the officer noticed an expired temporary license plate that had been altered to change the expiration date. The driver, 41-year-old Christopher Bartunek from Broadview Hts., was also wanted by another area police department and had a suspended driver's license. He was charged with driving under suspension, expired and fictitious license plates. His vehicle was impounded.
- On 04/13/2019 at about 1:25 PM a Kensington Oval resident reported the theft of two brown wooden Adirondack chairs from her front yard. The chairs were valued at about $150.00 each.
- On 04/13/2019 at about 6:50 PM the Rockport Methodist Church 3301 Wooster Rd. personnel reported that the doors to their "Take What You Need" cabinet were damaged sometime within the 24 hours preceding their call to police. There are no suspects.
- On 04/14/2019 at about 7:35 AM an Erie Rd. resident reported that his unlocked car had been gone through overnight. Sunglasses and loose change were taken. There were no other reports of thefts from auto in the area that night. Later that day, about about 9:20 PM, the complainant's son reported his wallet containing about $35 in cash and credit/debit cards were taken from the car. The credit cards were used an stores in Cleveland before they were canceled.
- On 04/15/2019 at about 11:00 AM a Stratford Ave. resident reported that his fuel card was missing from a company vehicle parked in his driveway overnight.
- On 04/16/2019 at about 2:00 PM a Kensington Oval resident reported that a patio chair was stolen sometime during the previous weekend. The chair was valued at about $700.00.
- On 04/18/2019 at about 7:30 PM a caller reported a man on a bike fell on Hilliard Blvd. near Widlflower. A passerby attempted to help the man, who seemed intoxicated. When police arrived, the man was unsuccessfully attempting to remount his bicycle. Sean Svancara, 46-years-old from Rocky River, was cited for disorderly conduct while intoxicated and transported to hospital by ambulance for treatment for injuries sustained when he fell and high alcohol levels.
- On 04/20/2019 at abut 8:00 AM an Elmwood Rd. resident reported that two unlocked cars parked in the driveway were gone through overnight. Nothing was missing and no damage to vehicles.
- On 04/20/2019 at about 12:05 PM an Orchard Grove resident reported that someone went into his unlocked car overnight and took loose change; nothing else was missing.
- On 04/20/2019 at about 12:30 PM a Stratford Ave. resident reported someone went into the garage and through a vehicle. Nothing from the garage or car were missing.
© 2019 iHeartMedia, Inc.
Hear news updates at the top and bottom of the hour:wtam.com/listen