Bay Village -
On 04/15/2019, at 00:26 hours, an officer stopped a vehicle on Normandy for an equipment violation and because a computer check through the state system indicated, the registered owner was under suspension. While talking to the female operator, the officer noted that she appeared to be under the influence of alcohol. She was asked to perform roadside sobriety tests and after failing to successfully do so, arrested for OVI. During the inventory of her vehicle a white pill bottle, labeled “CBD Gummy Bears”, was located inside her purse. When asked, the female insisted they were legal to possess and had ordered them online. She was advised they are not legal, had field-tested positive for marijuana and will be sent for further testing at a laboratory. She was told that additional charges could be pursued based upon the results of these tests. The 41-year old Westlake resident was taken to the station, where she blew 0.133 blood alcohol on the Intoxilyzer. She was later released on personal bond to a sober adult.
On 04/15/2019, at 19:38 hours, officers were dispatched to Knickerbocker Road, near Fordham Parkway on the report that two dogs were running loose in the neighborhood. The officers knew where the dogs belonged and returned them to the residence. As they approached the front screened door, they could see the resident down on the floor, lying on his side in the living room. Officers entered the house, and based upon plain view evidence, determined that the 67-year old male was most likely suffering from a drug overdose. He was transported to the hospital. Potential charges are pending lab results of drugs and paraphernalia taken from the scene.
On 04/20/2019, at 17:42 hours, officers were dispatched to assist Bay Village Fire Department units at a reported house fire on Bradley Road, near Maple Drive. A female resident had called 911 to report a small fire, of unknown origin, that she had unsuccessfully tried to put out with water. She was advised by dispatch to have everyone get out of the home. Officers arrived to find dense, dark smoke coming out of the windows. The two adults, two children and a family dog were all safely outside. Bay Village FD, with the assistance of other fire departments, was able to extinguish the fire.
© 2019 iHeartMedia, Inc.
Hear news updates at the top and bottom of the hour:wtam.com/listen