- On 07/03/2018 at about 10:05 AM police responded to an automobile accident on Dale Ave. The driver of a 2015 Kia said that he was lighting a cigarette when he drove off the road and struck a tree. The driver was cited for Failure to Control. No one was injured.
- On 07/05/2018 at about 12:10 AM a clerk at the Shell station on Hilliard Blvd. at Wooster Rd. called to report an intoxicated person attempted to buy alcohol but the clerk denied the sale. The person left on foot. Shortly thereafter, the clerk received a call from a person claiming to be the customer. Police were unable to locate or identify the subject.
- On 07/05/2018 at about 10:40 PM a caller reported an incident at the Chase Bank ATM on Center Ridge Rd. involving a man asking for money. The caller indicated it was not the first time this man has asked her for money over the last couple days. He was described as a white male, early 20's, with red hair and dread locks.
- On 07/06/2018 at about 1:15 AM police stopped a car at 21010 Center Ridge Rd. whose driver was wanted by another agency. The officer detected the odor of marijuana during the arrest and searched the car. A small amount was located and the driver, Jose Torres, 26-years-old from Rocky River, was cited for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
- On 07/07/2018 at about 8:25 AM a man reported that he was at Elmwood Park and bit by a dog that was off leash near the baseball diamonds. He was able to get the license plate number of the owner and the report was forwarded to the Animal Control Officer. An investigation resulting in a Westlake man, who was warned last year, being cited.
- On 07/08/2018 at about 12:00 PM a man reported receiving checks as payment for Cleveland Browns tickets that he believes are fraudulent. The checks appeared homemade, had an Arkansas address on it, a return address in Michigan, and post marked from New York. The man never attempted to cash the check and had not sent tickets. He was advised to accept an alternate form of payment for future sales.
- On 07/08/2018 at about 11:00 PM an officer stopped a car on Interstate 90 for driving over 100 mph. Charkara Cierra Holloway, a 27-year-old Shaker Hts. woman, was arrested for drunk driving.
Hear news updates at the top and bottom of the hour: wtam.com/listen