Below are items of interest from the Rocky River Police Department that occurred between Tuesday, 06/19/2018 and Monday, 06/25/2018.
- On 06/19/2018 at about 3:10 AM, staff at McDonald's Restaurant at 21675 Center Ridge Rd. called police to report a man knocking on doors and windows and attempting to get into the building. The man refused to leave after being asked to by staff. When police arrived, they discovered Randall Chilcher, 50-years-old from Lakewood, was highly intoxicated. He was arrested for Disorderly Conduct While Intoxicated and held at the Police Department until sober.
- On 06/22/2018 at about 2:20 PM an Avalon Dr. resident reported that someone entered his unlocked garage sometime between 06/18/2018 and 06/22/2018 and stole three model train cars. Nothing else was taken, no cameras were in place at the home, and there are no suspects. Police are investigating.
- On 06/23/2018 at about 1:40 AM Kevin Magyary, a 30-year-old Avon man, was arrested for drunk driving after being observed speeding and weaving on Interstate-90. He has three prior OVI convictions.
- On 06/23/2018 at about 5:25 AM, Mya Lynn Villanueva, a 19-year-old Lorain woman, was arrested for OVI after an officer observed her passed out behind the wheel while sitting at a traffic light on Westway at Wagar Rd. for over five minutes and through several cycles of the traffic light. The passenger was also asleep in the car.
- On 06/24/2018 at about 10:15 PM officers responded to Minotti's Wine & Beverage store at 19831 Detroit Rd. after a witness reported the store had been broken into. Four men were seen fleeing in a dark blue Jeep with a temporary license plate. Several cases of liquor, cash, champagne, and cigarettes were missing.
A ride-along is mandatory for the successful completion of the Rocky River Citizen Police Academy so participants can see their community from the perspective of an on-duty Patrol Officer. https://t.co/g14PEqWalm— Rocky River Police (@RockyRiverPD) March 19, 2018
Tips to avoid carjackings https://t.co/EwNWUUrPMt— Rocky River Police (@RockyRiverPD) March 9, 2018