1. Here we go Brownies. Here we go! The Browns take on the Bears in Chicago on Christmas Eve. Last year, Santa brought the Browns a win. Can they get their first win of the season? The Browns are 6 and a half point underdogs. Can they at least cover?
2. Excederine has agreed to sponsor the 0-16 Parade if the Browns lose two more games. Thousands of Browns fans are expected to watch the parade if it happens. Will this become a nationwide story if it happens? Will the national media think Cleveland is a joke?
3. The Average American will spend $700 this Christmas according to the National Retail Federation with an estimated $465 million spent nationwide. Will you spend more or less than the national average?
4. Papa John's says its founder John Schnatter will step down as CEO next month. This comes about two months after he publicly criticized the NFL leadership over national anthem protests by football players. His comments about the protests drew praise from white supremacists and the company apologized two weeks later. Are you surprised he would be removed as CEO? Do you think his comments about the NFL protests hurt or helped his sales?
5. The fastest growing state in the county according to the U.S. Census is Idaho with a 2.2% population increase followed by Nevada at 2%, Utah at 1.9% and Washington at 1.7%. Does it surprise that Idaho is #1?
6. Today is the first full day of winter which means spring is just 91 days away! What is your favorite season of the year?
7. The list of top baby names are out for 2017 and topping the list for girls is Olivia followed by Cora, Amelia, Charlotte, Isla, Isabella, Maia, Aurora, Amara and Ava. The number one name for boys is Atticus followed by Asher, Jack, Theodore, Jasper, Milo, Oliver, Silas, Henry and Wyatt. Mike and John don’t make the top ten. What do you think about Oliva and Atticus being the top baby names?
8. It could resemble a scene from the thriller movie “The Birds” by Alfred Hitchcock if ever used in combat. South Korea is building a force of military drones that could target North Korea. A South Korean military official recently said the combat unit is expected to become operational sometime next year and the small weaponized drones could attack the North's missile, nuclear or other military targets in swarms. Could you imagine thousands of drones being used in a military maneuver?
9. Dateline: The United Kingdom. A mother took to the UK social forum “Mumset” to complain about a woman who was sunbathing topless at a pool in front of her kids at a family vacation resort. One mother posted “if looking at her boobs makes you uncomfortable, stop looking” while others “Mums” agreed with her. What do you think? Is it OK for women to go topless in front of children who are not her own?
10. The French government will ban students from using mobile phones in the country’s primary, junior and middle schools at the start of the next school year. Reports say that children will be allowed to bring their phones to school, however they will not allowed to use them until they leave, even during breaks. The French education minister said the ban was also a “public health message to families”, adding: “It’s good that children are not too often, or even at all, in front of a screen before the age of seven.” Do you agree with the French government's efforts?