1. Are you ready for some football? The Browns open up the season against the Steelers on Sunday and they are 6 and ½ point underdogs. Will the Browns cover on Sunday? How many games will they win in 2018?
2. Actor Burt Reynolds passed at the age of 82 on Thursday. Some of the movies Reynolds starred in include “Deliverance”, “Boogie Nights”, “The Cannonball Run”, “Smoke and the Bandit” and “The Longest Yard”. He was also known for his off screen relationships with Loni Anderson, Sally Field and Dinah Shore. What are your thoughts on the life and career of Burt Reynolds?
3. Mychal Kendricks who was cut by the Browns just a week ago pled guilty to insider trading charges and he reportedly faces up to 25 years in prison. The former Eagles linebacker traded $10,000 in cash and Eagles tickets for tips that led to a $1.2 million profit. If Jimmy Dimora got 28 years, how much time should Kendricks get?
4. To commemorate “National Women’s Equality Day” a “Go Topless Rally” was held in Ashville, North Carolina. GoTopless.org says on its website: “If men are allowed to go topless in public women should have the same constitutional right”. What do you think? Should women be legally allowed to go topless?
5. A new survey of more than 3,400 U.S. Facebook users finds that 44 percent of users ages 18 to 29 have deleted the app from their phones in the past year. Overall, 26 percent have deleted the app, while 42 percent have taken a break of several weeks or more and 54 percent have adjusted their privacy settings. The survey does not measure usage of Facebook's Instagram, WhatsApp and Messenger, all of which remain popular overseas, and does not measure Facebook's continuing growth overseas. Has Facebook usage peaked?
6. A school district in South Carolina is getting rid of “snow days” and is replacing them with eLearning Days. When classrooms are closed because of the weather, teachers will send parents digital assignments their children will have to complete at home. If for any reason students have a problem accessing the internet, they will still be required to complete the assignment within five days on their own time. What you like to see eLearning days be implemented in Northeast Ohio schools?
7. The states of New York and Nebraska are launching its own investigation into sex abuse cover-ups in the Catholic church. New York Attorney General Barbara Underwood has issued subpoenas to all eight of the state's dioceses to review how they handled allegations of child sex abuse. The move comes in the wake of last month's bombshell grand jury report on sex abuse cover-ups in Pennsylvania. Would you like to see Ohio Attorney Mike DeWine do the same?
8. A man who was found guilty of punching the organizer of last year's deadly white nationalist rally in Charlottesville has been slapped with a fine - of one U.S. dollar, he faced up to one year in jail. Jeffrey Winder hit Unite the Right organizer Jason Kessler in the back of the head while Kessler was giving a press conference. One person was killed during last year's rally when a man drove his car into a crowd of protesters. Do you agree with the jury's verdict?
9. Nature Valley granola bars will no longer claim to use 100% natural oats in order to settle a lawsuit that claimed the bars contained small amounts of a pesticide. Three consumer groups said tests proved the granola bars contained zero-point-45 parts per million of the pesticide Roundup. Even though that is well below the EPA's maximum allowed of 30 parts per million, the groups argued that the "Made with 100% Natural Whole Grain Oats" label was misleading. How much do you trust the labeling of food products?
10. A marketing company is Minneapolis is offering fur-ternity leave. The company will allow employees to work at home for a week if they get a new pet to help them adjust to their new surroundings. Their company CEO said, "Part of embracing employee satisfaction as a business priority means recognizing important life events that happen outside of the office.” Do you think this will start a new trend with other companies?