1. Mentor Police have identified the fallen officer, the victim of a hit-and-run accident, as 41-year-old Mathew Mazany, a veteran of 14 years on the department. Mazany was assisting another officer during a traffic stop just after midnight Sunday morning when he was struck by a Jeep Wranger. Twenty-four-year-old Brian A. Anthony appeared in Mentor Municipal Court on Monday where he plead not guilty to charges of fleeing the scene of an accident and tampering with evidence. The judge did not grant bond in the case. This is the first fatality for a Mentor police officer in the line of duty since 1927. Would you like to give your condolences to the Mazany family?
2. A recent analysis of VA nursing homes around the country shows some horrific statistics. The analysis suggests large numbers of veterans suffered potential neglect or medication mismanagement last year alone. There are 133 VA nursing homes that serve 46,000 sick and infirm military veterans each year. Residents of these homes on average have serious bedsores and suffer serious pain unlike their counterparts in private nursing homes across the country. Is there enough being done to help our veterans?
3. Michael Avenatti, the attorney for porn star Stormy Daniels, claimed that federal prosecutors canceled a Monday meeting with his client because word of the meeting leaked to the press. She was scheduled to meet Monday with prosecutors about the criminal probe into Trump's longtime lawyer, Michael Cohen. Meanwhile, Daniels is scheduled to bring her “Make America Horny” strip show tour to Larry Flynt’s Hustler’s club in the flats this week. Do you think she will get media attention during her Cleveland visit?
4. Play Roseann Barr clip: Comedian Roseanne Barr tearfully broke down during an interview that was taped the day after she was fired from her ABC sitcom. During the interview done by her spiritual friend, Rabbi Boteach, Barr said she "horribly" regrets sending tweets that many called racist. Do you feel sorry for Roseanne? Does she deserve a second chance?
5. Buzz Aldrin, the second man to walk on the moon is taking his children and family foundation to court, claiming they are taking advantage of his trust and finances. His children say that he is being used by outside parties who are the real ones trying to manipulate him. The former NASA astronaut accuses his children of slandering him, telling people he has dementia and working to undermine his romantic relationships. The suit seeks to remove his son, Andy Aldrin, as head of the Buzz Aldrin Space Foundation. What do you think about the family feud? Have you ever met or interviewed Buzz Aldrin?
6. ESPN The Magazine released photos from their 10th annual Body Issue which hits newsstands later this week. The annual edition of the sporting magazine features photos of well-known athletes posing nude. Some of the athletes in the issue include Adam Rippon, an Olympic figure skater and the first openly gay United States male athlete to win a medal in a Winter Olympics, Hall of Fame football player Jerry Rice, NFL rookie Saquon Barkley, Los Angeles Dodgers star Yaseil Puig and all-time NCAA home run leader Lauren Chamberlain. Have you seen any of the photos? Are you curious to see the what the athletes look like naked?
7. It appears that Meghan Markle has been given a do not eat list that came from Queen Elizabeth. Under no circumstances is she allowed to eat garlic in public or while away from home. The Queen hates garlic and the Royal Family has a tradition of never eating it because of the bad breath it creates. Markle was also reportedly taught how to drink tea the proper way. Do you eat garlic?
8. President Donald Trump is expected to meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin in mid-July. While sources say the plans haven't been finalized, the meeting could take place before the July 11 NATO summit in Belgium or after Trump visits the United Kingdom on July 13. The White House isn't commenting on the story but a potential meeting between the two leaders has been in the works for several weeks now. What should be the top item on the agenda for Trump when he sits face-to-face with Putin?
9. Koko, the gorilla famous for knowing sign language, has passed away. The gorilla reportedly knew how to say 1,000 words in sign language and could understand 2,000 spoken English words. Koko was born in 1971 and passed away at the age of 46, which is about average for gorillas. Do you think one day humans will be able to communicate more with animals?
10. White people are dying faster than they are being born in a majority of states. New statistics from the Census Bureau predict that at current rates, whites will fall to less than 50% of the population around 2045 as minority populations are growing faster. The average age for white Americans is 43.5 compared to just over 29 for Hispanic Americans. What do you think about the census stats?