1. President Trump has signed an executive order that will stop family separation at the border. The administration had imposed a “zero tolerance” policy toward illegal immigration and said existing law mandated the separation of children from their parents if they wanted to prosecute the adults but the outcry became deafening as video surfaced of crying children at the border. Is this the right move? Is the President moving away from his tough talk regarding immigration? Is the President bending his policies to the whim of the public?
2. A sex crimes sting by the Ohio Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force has resulted in 22 arrests. It was called Operation Memorial Dazed and took place over a four-day period after Memorial Day Weekend. The suspects were arrested at a home in Newburgh Heights, showing up expecting to have sex with minors. The suspects face charges of having explicit conversations and some allegedly offered drugs and alcohol and propositioned the supposed children for sex. What should the punishment be for these people?
3. The attorney for the two firefighters under investigation for allegedly making pornographic content at a fire station said the couple did not record porn videos, but did partake in private, explicit livestreams. Attorney Brian Pierce said firefighters Lt. Art Dean and Provisional Lt. Deann Eller used the screen name "firecouple11" for the streams, which the firefighters claim were hacked, recorded and put online by someone else. What’s the crime here? Does it make a difference whether they were recording or just performing porn?
4. The NBA Draft is tonight. What does this mean for the Cavs? How do they proceed, as though LeBron is moving on or do they try to use the draft pick to entice LeBron to stay?
5. Eighty-five percent of a sample of college students report engaging in risky sexual behavior and the knowledge of the risk of sexually transmitted infections (STI) seemed to have little to no effect on the behavior, according to a study by Ohio University’s Reproductive and Sexual Health Initiative (RSHI). Is this a change in attitudes or have college-aged students always ignored risk? Is there ever a time for unprotected sex with a risk of STI?
6. Today is the first day of summer. What does that mean in Cleveland? What’s your favorite summer activity? Does it mean Browns losses are just around the corner?
7. Kristjen Nielson, the head of the Department of Homeland Security, was dining at an upscale Mexican restaurant in Washington D.C. when she was heckled by protesters chanting “shame shame shame,” forcing her to leave. Do public officials have the right to some privacy? Is it appropriate to heckle people during their downtime? And c’mon, really, a Mexican restaurant?! Isn’t she likely to run into Mexicans, the people? Couldn’t she go to a streak house? A Greek place? Did she ask Siri to find the place that would be most hostile toward her and her staff?
8. Former Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski said “Wah wah” when discussing a 10-year-old girl with Down’s Syndrome separated from her mother at the border. Do his sentiments reflect those of the American people? Should we be sympathetic to these families? (I have a clip in The Spew folder.) The heated exchange with Democratic strategist Zac Petkanas occurred Tuesday during The Story With Martha MacCallum, and quickly went viral on social media.
9. The First Lady called Secret Service after actor Peter Fonda called for Barron to be “ripped” from Melania’s arms and put in a cage “with pedophiles” in response to the child separation. Should you ever joke like this about the First Family? What should the Secret Service do? Do anyone know Peter Fonda was still alive?
10. A Kansas City couple could be looking at a big expense after their son accidentally knocked over a pricy sculpture on display at a community center. Surveillance video captured the 5-year-old hugging the sculpture. Moments later, the sculpture falls on the boy and hits the ground causing over $130,000 worth of damage. Should the parents have to pay for the damage?