1. Game 1 of The Finals is in the books between the Cavs and Warriors. What are your thoughts about last night’s game?
2. AutoTrader.com became the first company to pull its advertisements from TBS's "Full Frontal With Samantha Bee," after Bee called Ivanka Trump a "feckless expletive" on Wednesday night. Bee apologized for her mistake on Twitter, "I would like to sincerely apologize to Ivanka Trump and to my viewers for using an expletive on my show to describe her last night”. TBS said "Samantha Bee has taken the right action in apologizing for the vile and inappropriate language she used about Ivanka Trump last night. Those words should not have been aired. It was our mistake too, and we regret it.” Is an apology enough? Should Bee have been fired?
3. President Trump said he’s considering pardoning or commuting the sentences of Martha Stewart and former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich who was a Democrat. Trump called the former governor’s sentence on corruption charges “really unfair” and added that “plenty of other politicians could have said a lot worse.” Blagojevich began his 14-year prison sentence in 2012 after being convicted of corruption. Stewart was convicted in 2004 of obstructing justice and lying to the government as part of an insider trading case. If Blagojevich gets pardoned, does Jimmy DiMora have a shot of being a free man?
4. Today is the day that Browns head coach Hue Jackson will jump in the lake. Jackson and more than 100 members of the Browns will take a dip in Lake Erie in support of the Hue Jackson Foundation and its efforts to bring awareness, prevention and healing for victims of human trafficking. Jackson has pledged to donate $100 for each Browns member who participates, which will be doubled through a matching contribution by Dee and Jimmy Haslam. Do you think the maloik will be lifted off the Browns when Jackson takes a dip?
5. Today is June 1st, national donut day. Some of the most popular donuts are jelly donuts, crème filled donuts, custard donuts, glazed donuts, chocolate covered donuts, cinnamon twirl donuts, strawberry donuts with sprinkles and an old fashioned donut. What’s your favorite donut? Do you have a favorite donut shop in Northeast Ohio?
6. Bah humbug! LEGO has decided it will not produce a “A Christmas Story” house LEGO set after the idea was submitted on the LEGO Ideas website by Jason Middaugh of Syracuse. The concept LEGO set idea garnered more than 10,000 supporters to advance to the product review stage but ultimately LEGO VIP’s were scrooges. Should the LEGO executives who turned down “The Christmas Story” idea get coal in their stockings this Christmas?
7. A bill in the Ohio House of Representatives is calling for schools to begin the academic year after Labor Day. Most schools will be out for the summer next week and kids will return to school in late August. Should schools start classes after Labor Day?
8. Fortune Magazine is out with their annual Fortune 500 list and the number one company for the sixth year in a row is Walmart with more than $500 billion in annual sales. Rounding out the top five companies are Exxon Mobil, Berkshire Hathaway, Apple and United Health Care Group. Do you see Walmart hanging onto the top spot for years to come?
9. A private search by a U.S. firm for Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 ended its search. Malaysia had agreed earlier this year to pay Houston-based Ocean Infinity up to $70 million if it found the plane during a 90-day search in the southern Indian Ocean. Ocean Infinity finished scouring its targeted search area in April and had requested an extension through May 29th, which was granted. What's the likelihood the plane will ever be found?
10. Speaking at the White House, President Trump says it "looks like" the FBI spied on his campaign. Over the past few days, Trump has suggested an FBI informant was planted in his campaign for political purposes and is calling it “Spygate”. How likely do you think it is that the FBI spied on his campaign?