1. The Cavs have advanced to The Finals for the 4th straight season. Does the motto “Whatever It Takes” fit LeBron James and the Cavs? Do you think they have what it takes to bring home the NBA championship?
2. Robert F. Kennedy Jr. is calling for a new investigation into the assassination of his father Sen. Robert F. Kennedy who was a presidential candidate when he was shot and killed in Los Angeles in 1968. Sirhan Sirhan was convicted of Kennedy’s murder and is serving a life sentence. RFK Jr. says he met with Sirhan last year and he left that meeting believing he was falsely accused. An autopsy report found Kennedy was shot at point blank range from behind with as many as 13 shots fired. Sirhan was standing in front of Kennedy and his gun held eight bullets. If Sirhan Sirhan did not kill Kennedy, who did?
3. The Holy Grail of shipwrecks was found by researchers using a robot submarine and the sunken treasure it believe to be worth $17 billion. The “San Jose”, a Spanish warship, was discovered in nearly 2,000 feet of water off the coast of Cartagena, Columbia. The San Jose sunk more than 300 hundred years ago armed with 62 bronze cannons carrying a vast fortune in gold, silver and emeralds. Who owns the rights to the fortune? The expedition team, Columbia or Spain?
4. A new bill in New York City was introduced that would ban all food and drink establishments in the city offering customers any straw or stir stick made of plastic. A study found that paper straws would not be cost prohibitive and would be better for the environment. Would you like to see similar legislation introduced here in Cleveland?
5. The Wyoming Game and Fish Commission will allow grizzly bears to be hunted in Yellowstone National Park this fall for the first time in decades. They will allow 22 grizzlies to be hunted and 12 can be females. What do you think of the decision? Do you consider shooting a grizzly a trophy killing?
6. Danica Patrick’s racing career came to an end after she crashed in Turn 2 at Indy on Sunday. Did the 36-year-old Patrick help make “Go Daddy” a household name? Do you think we will see another female racer be able to compete in both stock car and open car racing like she did?
7. Morgan Freeman is the latest Hollywood A-Lister to face accusations of sexual harassment. Eight women accuse Morgan Freeman of inappropriate behavior. They say it happened on movie sets, at his company and in interviews. Freeman starred in one of the most beloved movies of the last 50 years, “Shawshank Redemption” and won an Oscar for “Million Dollar Baby” in 2004. He also starred as God in “Bruce Almighty.” What are your thoughts about the allegations against Freeman?
8. Fortune Magazine is out with their annual Fortune 500 list and the number one company for the sixth year in a row is Walmart with more than $500 billion in annual sales. Rounding out the top five companies are Exxon Mobil, Berkshire Hathaway, Apple and United Health Care Group. Do you see Walmart hanging onto the top stop for years to come?
9. A private search by a U.S. firm for Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 will end next Tuesday. Malaysia had agreed earlier this year to pay Houston-based Ocean Infinity up to $70 million if it found the plane during a 90-day search in the southern Indian Ocean. Ocean Infinity finished scouring its targeted search area in April and had requested an extension until May 29th, which has been granted. What's the likelihood the plane will ever be found?
10. Speaking at the White House, President Trump says it "looks like" the FBI spied on his campaign. Over the past few days, Trump has suggested an FBI informant was planted in his campaign for political purposes and is calling it “Spygate”. How likely do you think it is that the FBI spied on his campaign?