1. Residents in the Caribbean as well as Florida are being warned with regard to Hurricane Irma with the news that the storm has reached Category 5 status. The storm barreling east-northeast could have a serious impact anywhere between Cuba and South Florida and is now carrying maximum sustained winds of 175 mph. Are you following the track of Irma? If you lived in the track of the storm, would you ride it out or leave?
2. Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced that the Trump administration was rescinding the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program which began under the Obama administration. Sessions defended the move as one aimed at ending the "lawlessness" that Obama created with his unilateral executive action. House Speaker Paul Ryan called on Congress to come up with legislation aimed at a broader plan to curb illegal immigration in addition to finding a solution to those impacted by DACA. Will Congress be able to come up with a plan? How do you feel about the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program being deferred?
3. A man calling 911 in North Carolina told the operator he woke up from a dream and found his wife stabbed to death in their bedroom. Raleigh Police charged 28-year-old Matthew Phelps with murder Friday after he made the emergency call. Phelps told the operator he took more cold medicine then he should have and woke up after his dream with blood all over him and a knife on the bed he shared with his wife. Authorities say 29-year-old Lauren Ashley-Nicole Phelps was dead from stab wounds. Is it possible to murder someone in your sleep without knowing your actions?
4. Kensington Palace says Prince William and his wife, the Duchess of Cambridge, are expecting their third child. William and Kate already have two children, Prince George and Princess Charlotte. Betting parlors laid down early odds on a name for the baby. The favorites now are Alice at 8-1 and Arthur at 10-1. Do Princess Alice and Prince Arthur have a nice ring to them? Would you lay money down on Alice or Arthur?
5. Walter Becker, founding member of the band “Steely Dan” passed away at the age of 67 on Sunday night. Steely Dan was inducted into the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame in 2001 was known for blending elements of rock, R & B, soul, pop and jazz into their musical style. Their albums included “Can’t Buy a Thrill”, “Pretzel Logic”, “Katy Lied” and “Aja”. What are your thoughts on the career and music of Walter Becker?
6. Jerry Springer, a registered Democrat, is looking at running for office to be the next governor of Ohio. He said he’s treating it very seriously and he needs to make up his mind in the next month or so. Will we be hearing campaign stops in Ohio next year to chants of Jerry, Jerry, Jerry?
7. Holly Neher, 16-years-old, threw a touchdown pass on the first play of her first varsity game playing on the boys team at Hollywood Hills High School in Florida. She played on the school’s flag football team for two years before making the varsity team. How do you feel about a girl playing on the varsity football team?
8. O'mei Chinese Cuisine in Santa Cruz, California has been shut down after an investigation found out the owner donated $500 to ex-KKK leader David Duke's 2016 senatorial campaign. An article in Indybay, an independent media center, exposed Northern California businesses that donated to Duke. Among those listed was Roger Grigsby, the owner of the Chinese restaurant. Grigsby was forced to close his doors after the news came out and employees and customers began to boycott. The restaurant has been open for 38 years. How do you feel about Grigsby being outed?
9. The NFL season official begins in two days and the Browns season starts on Sunday when they take on the Steelers. How many games will the Browns win this season?
10. South Carolina residents Corey Payne and his fiancée, Kayla Harris are suing Amazon claiming the solar eclipse glasses they purchased on line did not prevent their vision from being harmed. Do you think this is just the tip of the iceberg hearing about eye vision problems as a result of the eclipse? Should Amazon be held liable?