1. Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson and Police Chief Calvin Williams says City Council will introduce legislation that would prohibit dirt bikes and all-terrain vehicles from operating on city streets. This comes after candidate for mayor Zack Reed complained about cops not being able to do their job to pursue dirt bikes and all-terrain vehicles. Was this a political move by Jackson to defeat Reed?
2. It’s a heat wave. Temperatures are expected to climb to about 90 degrees today and on Thursday, Washington D.C. may break their record high of 96 degrees for May 18th set way back in 1877 when Rutherford B. Hayes was president. Do you like the heat wave?
3. The controversy over President Trump’s meeting with Russia continue. Democratic Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer is asking for the White House to provide transcripts of the meeting to the congressional intelligence committee as soon as possible. Should the White House turn over the transcripts?
4. The list of the top baby names for 2016 is out and it’s no surprise that Noah and Emma are once again at top of the list for boys and girls. Noah has topped the list four years in a row and Emma three years in a row. Names decreasing in popularity include all forms of Caitlyn, Triston and Freddy. The top names for boys after Noah are: Liam, William, Mason, James, Benjamin, Jacob, Michael, Elijah and Ethan. The top names for girls after Emma are: Olivia, Ava, Sophia, Isabella, Mia, Charlotte, Abigail, Emily and Harper. What are your thoughts on the top baby names? Are you surprised that Caitlyn is decreasing in popularity?
5. The TV show “Roseanne” is coming back. ABC announced the sitcom that originally aired from 1988 to 1997 will return in 2018. Another long running sitcom “Will & Grace” will also return to NBC next season. What do you think about what is old, is new again?
6. The Indians top prospect and their #1 pick in the 2014 draft, Bradley Zimmer, got the call up and made it to the Major Leagues. The 24-year-old Zimmer is a two-time minor league all-star and is rated by Baseball America as having the best outfield arm in the organization. Do you think Bradley will be here to stay? Are you looking for him to play with the Tribe?
7. A South Carolina teenager, David Cripe, died from pounding caffeine drinks in a short period of time. In two hours, he drank a latte from McDonald’s, drank a large Mountain Dew and chugged a 16-ounce energy drink. The coroner said he drank enough caffeine to disrupt and stop his heart. Have you ever heard of someone dying from drinking too much caffeine before?
8. M.C. Allen of Massillon won $300,000 in an Ohio Lottery instant game scratch off ticket. After taxes, he will receive a $213,000 lump sum payment. Do you know anyone who ever won a lottery?
9. More than 25% of millennials in college say they plan on moving back home after they graduate to save money in order to pay pack their student loans. The average graduate owes more than $10,000 after graduating. What if anything can be done about student debt?
10. President Trump begins his trip to Saudi Arabia, Israel, Vatican City and Belgium later this week. His agenda includes meeting Saudi Arabia's King Salman bin Abd Al-Aziz, Israeli President Reuven Rivlin and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas, Pope Francis at the Vatican, and Italian President Sergio Mattarella in Rome. What do you think of the President’s trip?