Michael Deemer, President & CEO from The Downtown Cleveland Alliance spoke to Bill about Midyear Market Update - New Businesses - New Businesses - August Bright Nights: Superior Hill Overlook
Midyear Market Update
Downtown Cleveland released our Midyear Market Update last week, documenting the state of recovery in the city’s core. The report illustrates steadily improving market conditions and a clear direction for downtown’s post-pandemic development.
What You Need to Know:
- More people live downtown now than before the pandemic
- Visitors and shoppers downtown have almost returned to pre-pandemic levels
- Cleveland’s rate of return of downtown workers tracks slightly ahead of peer cities
- Downtown has more storefront businesses now than it did prior to the pandemic
- Transition to “New Businesses” below:
- The city’s core continues to grow, we have had a net gain of 54 new small businesses that have opened Downtown since 2020.
- There have been 27 new businesses so far in 2023 with several coming soon.
- Our most recent businesses are 5 Iron on Euclid Ave and F45 Training on Superior Ave
- Downtown Cleveland works to support local businesses to launch and grow through incentives and resources. Visit the "Do Business" page on our website to see what programs you qualify for and how we can help you.
Ambassadors and the SMART System
- Ambassadors aren’t texting, they’re logging! When you see our ambassadors on mobile devices, they’re logging information into our SMART system.
- This centralized database allows us to document tasks, monitor ambassadors’ walking paths, and capture public infrastructure deficiencies in order to compile both internal and external reports.
- These reports are crucial to identifying the needs of the core and communicating updates to those with a vested interest in the well-being of Downtown Cleveland.
- This refined use of our SMART system was a result of Downtown Cleveland’s five-year strategic plan, which includes developing our Clean and Safe priorities, guiding Downtown environment programs, and optimizing the value proposition of our special improvement district. To learn more about our Strategic Plan visit our website downtowncleveland.com
August Bright Nights: Superior Hill Overlook
- Every second Saturday evening through October, we celebrate the longer days of summer by popping up at a new spot monthly.
- Feel free to stop by on your way to dinner or a show, grab a drink at the bar, and listen to live music in a unique area of downtown!
- Saturday, August 12th, at the Superior Hill Overlook (at the corner of W 9th Street and W Superior Ave) to overlook the Flats and Cuyahoga River in a unique Downtown space
For more information on Downtown Cleveland’s recovery, or if you’re interested in relocating or expanding your business into Downtown Cleveland, visit DowntownCleveland.com