Michael Deemer, President & CEO from The Downtown Cleveland Alliance spoke to Bill about Mid-Year Market Update - Clean and Safe - New Murals - Learn to Play Bocce
Mid-Year Market Update
- Our mid-year Market Update was released this week giving you insight into everything that is going on in Downtown Cleveland.
- Foot Traffic: 27M visits in H1
- Housing Market: 91% Occupancy, with 1700 plus units underway
- Most recently SomeraRoad Inc. & LCI Development Partners broke ground on Ten60 Bolivar!
- This apartment project will enhance density and connectivity within the Gateway District.
- The 184 luxury residential units will have access to quality amenities including a resort-style pool, sun deck, secure parking garage, fitness center, and more.
- Office Market: 81.9% Overall Occupancy
- Development and Investment: 17 Projects and $1 Billion Underway
Clean and Safe:
- A Downtown alley, along East 4th Street and Prospect, had over 1000 square feet covered in graffiti. Our Ambassadors removed it with multiple methods including aerosol graffiti remover, manual scrubbing, painting over with a paint match, and applying a graffiti removal chemical followed by pressure washing.
- Per our Downtown Now Strategic Plan, we maintain and improve public spaces and establish high standards for our city’s core. Downtown Cleveland accomplishes this by deploying our Ambassadors for over 110,000 hours annually to ensure the pedestrian experience is clean, safe, and welcoming for everyone.
- Call 216.621.6000 to report issues or access Ambassador services including safety escorts, car lockouts, and more.
- Downtown Cleveland gained another 2 murals brought to you by Graffiti Heart. Artist YoSh visited from France, to paint the side of the K&D Management, LLC parking garage on Prospect Avenue adjacent to The Residences at 668.
- Downtown Cleveland received YoSh's first art pieces ever completed in the US.
- As part of our Reimagining Downtown Cleveland Plan in partnership with the Mayor’s Office and other city leaders we are using public art to enhance and brighten the Downtown Experience for all.
Learn to Play Bocce:
- Join us at the beautiful Voinovich Park at North Coast Harbor's outdoor bocce courts in Downtown Cleveland to learn tips & tricks for playing the oldest game known to mankind!
- Learn-to-Play Bocce is a FREE class for all ages. Sessions are Wednesday evenings in August from 6 PM - 8 PM.
For more information on Downtown Cleveland’s recovery, or if you’re interested in relocating or expanding your business into Downtown Cleveland, visit DowntownCleveland.com