Michael Deemer, President & CEO from The Downtown Cleveland Alliance spoke to Bill about Downtown is buzzing with events and activities taking place every week. What can people expect to see this week as they return to their offices, or decide to visit Downtown
• Lunch in the Lane continues
◦ Taking over a major roadways in Downtown Cleveland
◦ This week- 6/9 from Huron from E. 8th to East 9th
◦ Lunchtime destination for office workers- Live Music, giant games, give-aways, Brown bag or order takeout from a local restaurant
• Walnut Wednesday continues each and every Wednesday at Perk Park
• Take a Hike tours are available- tour Downtown and learn about our city’s history
• This week, DCA is kicking off Music on the Malls
◦ This 13-week music series brings live music to Mall C every Wednesday night from June 8th through August 31st.
◦ The kickoff event on Wednesday, June 8th, sponsored by CLE Clothing Co, will feature a live performance by Cats on Holiday and food truck offerings by Barrio.
So much to do during the summer months, and also some major changes to how folks come downtown and get around
• Cleveland streets will include more multi-modal, environmentally-friendly designs under strengthened Complete and Green Streets policy
• Effort to make Cleveland streets safer, improve amenities for multi-modal transportation, and included environmentally friendly design street designs
• Excited for how this will change the and feel of Cleveland and Downtown in particular
• These types of infrastructure changes are a result of the bold new leadership taking place in the city to improve quality of life for city dwellers.
• Creating beautiful and efficient neighborhoods will help to attract, retain talent, and encourage workers to return Downtown.
For more information or if you’re interested in visiting Downtown Cleveland for our upcoming events or over 200 restaurants and eateries, or looking to expand or grow your business, visit Downtowncleveland.com