Michael Deemer, President & CEO from The Downtown Cleveland Alliance spoke to Bill about some of the highlights from the second quarter and ensure that we maintain this momentum as we continue to move out of the pandemic.
Going into it, we were really excited for the second quarter in Downtown Cleveland because of all the events that were set to and have now taken place.
- NFL Draft in May, brought 150,000 visitors to Mall C
As public health restrictions were dropped in June, DCA launched the Welcome (back) to Downtown Cleveland campaign to support and accelerate workers’ return to the office and to create the clean, safe, and welcoming environment that attracts activity.
- MetroHealth Cleveland Juneteenth Freedom Fest
- The Return of Walnut Wednesday
- Take A Hike Tours
- North Coast Namaste
- As a result of the returning events and activity these gatherings brought Q2 hotel occupancy nearly 12% above where it was in the first quarter.
- Residential leasing activity also gained momentum, lifting apartment occupancy to 84.6%, nearly 2% up from the first quarter.
- The second quarter ended with $139 million in investment underway, as projects like 55 Public Square, 75 Public Square, and the North Coast Harbor Pedestrian Bridge
At DCA we are continuing to push our Welcome (Back) to Downtown Cleveland campaign to highlight all the events, and retail opportunities drawing people back to Downtown.
- Encouraging folks to get vaccinated so that we can continue to navigate out of the pandemic and take part in events and activities
- Walnut Wednesday continues now through September
- Warehouse Wednesdays are happening each and every Wednesday in the Warehouse District
- Continue to support the more than 150 restaurants and retailers open in Downtown Cleveland
- See DowntownCleveland.com for the full list of open businesses
- Continue to urge everyone to register to vote by August 14th to vote in the Sept 14th Mayoral primary
For more information or if you interested in relocating or expanding into Downtown Cleveland, visit Downtowncleveland.com