Michael Deemer from The Downtown Cleveland Alliance spoke to Bill about last week Downtown Cleveland hosted the 2021 NFL Draft. How did everything go at the draft and activation sites?
The festivities kicked off Thursday and continued through Saturday.
DCA partnered with Destination Cleveland and the Greater Cleveland Sports Commission to produce Rock the Clock End Zones, which were free remote watch parties to enjoy live music, seating and takeout food from a downtown restaurant.Thousands of people came out to support and watch the Draft at Rock the Clock Zones
- Took place at:
oFlats East Bank.
Michael, so many people made their way Downtown for the draft. How were businesses impacted?
- Bars and Restaurants received a boost in patronage
- Opportunity to show that Downtown Cleveland is open for business
- More than 150 restaurants and retail shops open in Downtown Cleveland
oVisit Downtowncleveland.com for the full list
- Office workers steadily returning, opportunity to accelerate
- Hoping that seeing Downtown Cleveland during the draft will encourage more to come Downtown, support small businesses and local retailers
For more information, or if you’re considering relocating or expanding your business into Downtown Cleveland, visit Downtowncleveland.com