Michael Deemer from The Downtown Cleveland Alliance spoke to Bill about DCA is presenting the 2020 Annual Report for Downtown Cleveland on this week’s Downtown now! Webinar.
What can you tell us about the report and what Downtown has accomplished this past year?
- 2020 started off great with Sherwin- Williams news
- Surpassing 20,000 residents
- 13 new restaurants opened
- 53 businesses relocated or recommitted to Downtown Cleveland
- Development continued, indicating the continued investment in Downtown Cleveland
- We will hear from Vice President of Operation Ed Eckart, and Vice President of Marketing and Public Relations, along with myself, to share Downtown Cleveland endured 2020 and where we are headed in
Everyday there is more and more life returning to Downtown Cleveland. Tell us about what you're seeing downtown everyday?
- Spring in Downtown
- Wolstein Center hosting vaccinations starting March 17
- Over 140 restaurants open for businesses
- More restaurants reopening everyday – Republic, Zaytoon, Hofbrahaus
- New Restaurant openings: A.J. Rocco’s, Filter, Hot Chicken Takeover
- Employees steadily returning to the office
- Signs of hope
- 6000 Vaccinations
- 11,000 in Progressive Field
- NFL Draft
- July 4?
- PHS in Sept.
- Rock Hall in Oct.
- NBA All-Star and epic concert year in 2022.
- Visit Downtowncleveland.com for the list of open businesses