Michael Deemer from The Downtown Cleveland Alliance spoke to Bill about...Talked last week about Cleveland rising to positions of national prominence. What's happening this week?
- Excited for Congresswoman Fudge to be confirmed as Housing and Urban Development Secretary
- Senator Sherrod Brown’s confirmation for the Chair of the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs- Thursday
- DCAhas organized support among diverse organizations
- Opportunity to support a Clevelander rising to national leadership
- Feather in the cap, pride
- HUD programs have been critical to housing development and job creation in Downtown and neighborhoods across the city
- Opportunity to attract more investment
A big piece of Downtown's success in attracting residents are the amenities. What's new?
- DT Cleveland has big city amenities within a close-knit community
- Amenities- offer convenience for residents
- Prioritizing convenience during pandemic
- 140 storefront business currently open- see list at DowntownCleveland.com
- This amenity portfolio continues to grow. We are looking forward to several retail openings this year:
- A.J Rocco’s coming back to Downtown with a larger footprint
- Goma- Dante Boccuzzi- Sushi Restaurant on east 4th opening in spring
- Filter- same owner as The Sauce Boiling Seafood Express- in warehouse district. Opening in May.
- Looking forward to the NFL draft in April
- National spotlight on DT- Opportunity to showcase how much DT has grown and changed
- Playhouse Square coming back to life 2021 Broadway tour series and Great Lakes Theatre returning in September
For more information on Downtown Cleveland, or if you are looking to relocate or expand your business Downtown, visit DowntownCleveland.com