Michael Deemer From The Downtown Cleveland Alliance spoke to Bill about Big jobs announcement this week for Downtown with Rocket Mortgage making plans to add 700 jobs. When we think about the future of Downtown Cleveland, where do you think our city is headed?
Downtown Cleveland is positioned well to attract jobs and residents for years to come.
People are moving in, businesses are continuing to find opportunities in DT.
Rocket Mortgage -- partnerships and collaboration, signals importance of working together in an office environment
Cleveland was named in the top 5 onForbes’ list of Top Housing Markets to Watch in 2021, noting Cleveland’s robust and affordable housing market.
- Over $770 million in investment is underway or expected to begin in 2021, including the transformative Euclid Grand, which has begun welcoming residents.
- City Club Apartments
- Flats East Bank Apartments
- Nearly 20,000 residents already living in Downtown Cleveland
- Cleveland is among the5 cities that tech workers are moving to, according to LinkedIn data.
- Downtown Cleveland is positioned well to attract jobs and residents for years to come.
- People are moving in, businesses are continuing to find opportunities in DT.
Federal government transition could have a big impact for Cleveland?
- Marcia Fudge for HUD Secretary -- DCA is working with partners across the community support this nomination.
- Ohio Senator Sherrod Brown will be chairing the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Don Graves, a KeyBank executive has been nominated Deputy Commerce Secretary
- Opportunity to bring federal resourecs to Cleveland and have a big impact.
- Mention Joe Marinucci's retirement
For more information on Downtown Cleveland or if you are looking to expand or relocate your business in Downtown Cleveland, visit Downtowncleveland.com